Global Consolidation Manager
Full Time, Permanent
We’re looking for a Global Consolidation Manager to join the INEOS Acetyls team. We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
Contribute to an organisation that is the home to some of petrochemicals most innovative and cutting-edge operations, with two world-scale Acetyls plants. The whole chain of chemicals production is managed in Hull from research to manufacturing, logistics and sales, as well as a newly acquired production plant in Texas City in the US. We have an exceptional opportunity for a highly independent and results-orientated Finance professional to join our team based in London.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now; you could be part of our journey.
As the Global Consolidation Manager, you will work with and coordinate all INEOS Acetyls site financial teams to ensure financial reporting conforms to financial rules and overriding principles set by INEOS Acetyls and INEOS Group.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Generous contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays
- Ongoing career development
- Wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, health cash plans and high street discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Online health and fitness hub for employees, plus friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of support services including counselling, financial support, legal services – for employees and family.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Prepare and present monthly KPI slide package of consolidated Acetyls financial results on EBITDA, Working Capital and Cashflow including latest forecasts to allow the Acetyls Board of Directors to make informed business decisions.
- Analyse financial results, challenge, investigate trends/variances and work with the finance teams to provide full explanations to provide understanding to the key stakeholders to enable the business to effectively manage risk, understand business performance and improve overall results.
- Develop, improve and maintain the financial reporting models used in the consolidation of the Acetyls financial results (America, Europe, Asia) to ensure internal reporting meets management and the Acetyls board expectations.
- Provide scope and direction to the local finance teams by developing a clear financial reporting framework to ensure financial reporting conforms to overriding principles as set out by Acetyls and meets reporting requirements imposed by INEOS Group.
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct report and the Finance Managers, to ensure capabilities are maintained, process improvements are continually achieved.
- Identify and develop opportunities to standardise processes, integrate multiple business/regulatory requirements, and extend information availability within financial reporting systems. Promote the sharing of best practices within the local organisation.
- Coordinate with the INEOS Group financial team to ensure all reporting and financial analysis information meets requirements for Group-level financial submissions.
- Consolidate Acetyls global budgets/business/strategy plans. Work with the Global Consolidation Analyst and Finance Managers to understand the gross margin, fixed costs and cash flow submissions, and build financial bridges and detailed supporting information for discussions with INEOS Group.
- Ensure all Group submissions are delivered accurately on time and understood to ensure complete consistency within the business unit and Group.
- Oversee the global weekly cash flow consolidation and explain the variances to the Global Finance Controller and CFO.
- Oversee the direct and indirect tax function, included but not limited to VAT returns and tax packs.
- Work with other functions to provide information, share knowledge and understanding of data as and when required.
- Be accountable for Acetyls central costs and reporting for the holding and financing entities for the Petchem business.
We are looking for someone who is ACA/ACCA qualified with substantial post-qualification experience, or equivalent Bachelors’ degree with practical financial accounting and consolidation experience.
The role requires someone with a sound technical accounting knowledge and strong understanding of the integrated nature of financial reporting, with a strong working knowledge of regional GAAP rules, who is capable of understanding local country results and consolidating into global results. The successful candidate will also be required to have well developed PC skills; and expert knowledge of SAP and HYPERION.
You will be highly independent and results-orientated to encourage a culture of high data quality through accuracy, attention to detail, consistency and understanding.
You will be pro-active with strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to resolve issues and present information effectively and persuasively, with the skill of negotiating both internally and externally. You will be able to translate ideas into action whilst gaining the respect and cooperation of team members.
Aptitude to identify and respond to stakeholder needs is also essential as is the need to be well organised and flexible when dealing with regional issues against tight deadlines and differing time zones.
You will be required to travel to America, Asia and Europe as required.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application