Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
The INEOS Oligomers division includes a wide range of products ranging from LAO, PAO and PIB to Specialty Oligomers, iso-paraffines, cyclopentane and isoamylene which are made in Europe and in the Americas and sold worldwide.
Purpose of the job:
The Gas/Spec financial analyst is a key member of the Gas/Spec business team and has the responsibility for all the financial activities of the business. The financial activities include providing financial analysis, annual plans, management and tax reporting, forecasting, and results communication. The role identifies and recommends opportunities to improve financial performance and attain overall business targets. The role also includes responsibility for the Belpre OH site accounting and miscellaneous assignments assisting with Oligomers financial reporting.
- Availability and accuracy of information needed for analysis and reporting – work closely with sources to receive information in a timely manner; identify business cash needs and identify/correct variances and anomalies and establish automated checks to ensure information accuracy
- Working relationships – develop strong relationships with sales, technical service and customer service
- Trust of Leadership – develop trust of leadership, essential for working with sensitive information
- Ambiguity and/or incompleteness of information – exercise judgment and experience to best utilize ambiguous and/or incomplete information as needed
- Automated analysis tools – optimize capabilities of automation to process and analyse large volumes of information, especially monthly and annual cash flow and banking reports
- Competing priorities – prioritize and manage complex requirements, particularly during key reporting periods (closing, forecasting, budget, year-end)
- Thorough understanding of supplier contracts to ensure both sides are adhering to terms
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Report generation and business analytics
- Prepare commentary for monthly performance reports - EBITDA, Working Capital, Cash Flow – timely and accurate.
- Provide financial assessment on key commercial contracts to enhance revenue position and/or secure acceptable contractual terms.
- Execute economic analyses and market research to support business objectives.
- Report month-end and annual financial results in the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) systems
- Prepare financial presentations and present results during Business Review, Annal Budget Review and as requested by the COO to key stakeholders / senior management.
- Coordinate and facilitate assessment of competitive environment including maintenance of competitor cost models and internal/external benchmarks.
- Deliver transparent and sustainable long-term performance plan model consistent with business strategy.
- Provide ad hoc special business performance analysis, as directed.
2. Recognition and budgeting responsibilities
- Prepare the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes, including journal entries, income statement and balance sheet reconciliations, and ensure compliance with accounting policy guidelines.
- Coordinate and oversee the budget planning process and liaise with departments throughout the organization and ensure information received is timely and accurate.
3. Act as member of business leadership team with respect to finance and business planning.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly Leadership Team meeting with COO, Global Business Manager (GBM) and Global Technology Manager.
- Provide in-depth variance analysis and identify opportunities for cost optimization, of business performance versus targets for appropriate periods.
- Develop business / product specific strategies to support growth and profitability improvements.
- Support the business to ensure that performance on strategic objectives is achieved and improvement opportunities identified.
- Work closely with the GBM on analysis and review of potential business development opportunities.
- Coordinate the monthly forecast process and provide support if actions should be taken to ensure delivery of the annual plan.
- Assist and support in setting key performance indicators including financial and non-financial metrics by working closely with GBM, CFO and COO. Continuously monitor metrics throughout the year and communicate business performance.
4. Support Oligomers finance operations across all assets
- Prepare LAO COSA calculation.
- Track and monitor capital expenditure projects to ensure timely start-up, budget requirements are followed and timely completion.
- File property tax renditions and exemptions on a timely basis.
- Primary liaison for both internal and external financial related parties
- Create monthly invoices in SAP for Belpre leaseholder as per lease agreement and email invoices to appropriate contacts. Ensure invoices are paid timely and follow-up on any outstanding invoices.
- Serve as backup for Superfund payments and reporting.
- Prepare Oligomers global cash capital expenditure summary report and HFM reports used by key members throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- College degree in Business, Finance, or related field required.
- CPA or MBA degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in chemical industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated record of gaining trust of leadership in working on sensitive issues.
- Track record of establishing strong relationship with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization to deliver creative, effective solutions in a difficult and changing business environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Strong planning and organizing skills with an ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively to uncover new opportunities.
- Successful project team leadership experience with at least small multi-functional business teams.
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office products and SAP
- Strong financial and business acumen that translates to thinking commercially in support of continuous business process improvement.
- Good understanding of budgeting and variance analysis
- Enjoy working in a close team environment on common goals under both normal and stressful conditions.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision on an ongoing basis.
- Willingness to learn and to assist others to learn, both within the team and with other contacts within the business.
- Flexible and nonpartisan, focused on supporting the business goals.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences in working with international colleagues.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.