Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Grade 34-35 commensurate with experience
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its “Marina View” headquarters office in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA manages several product line businesses [Olefins, Polypropylene (PP), and Polyethylene (PE), WL Plastics (Pipe), as well as related charities] and four primary manufacturing facilities [Battleground Manufacturing Complex in LaPorte, TX, which produces PP and PE; Chocolate Bayou Works located south of Alvin, TX, which produces Olefins and PP; a PP plant at Carson, CA; and a plant near Hobbs, NM].
How the Role Fits In:
This position is part of a team of financial professionals who are responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Accounting and Financial Records for the INEOS Olefins & Polymers. The team provides financial reporting, analysis, monitoring and transaction processing support management and manufacturing locations. This role requires the ability to communicate with employees of all levels and work in an open environment. A flexibility and dedication are required to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closes.
Purpose of Job
The Financial Analyst provides key business analysis to drive the daily operational tactics and decisions and to support the long-term strategy development for all the related businesses and product lines under Olefins & Polymers USA business unit which is comprised of numerous legal entities.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Responsible for month-end close process of the CO module of SAP, so that the financial results are accurately completed on a timely basis.
- Responsible for month-end Hyperion reporting of financial results and all related schedules for both O&P USA and related businesses and legal entities
- Prepare monthly files for the consolidation of financial information for the global INEOS business.
- Assist with maintenance of SAP allocations as it relates to both internal reporting and product line reporting.
- Responsible for monthly standard costing of inventory.
- Prepare SG&A reporting for management and cost center owners to review.
- Forecasts costs for Corporate Overhead
- Collect and interpret monthly close statistics and forecasting metrics
- Responsible for general ledger and bank account reconciliations
- Track, record, and pay insurance premiums for O&P and all of INEOS North America.
- Charge-out costs to other INEOS business for shared services (e.g. corporate benefits).
- Support compliance efforts by providing required information to external financial auditors as required.
- Participate in special projects from time to time, as directed by management.
- Key Hyperion user
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Master’s in business, accounting or finance will be strongly considered as positives.
- Significant previous financial accounting experience required, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Chemical industry experiences a plus.
- SAP FI/CO module knowledge (knowledge of other modules also a plus)
- Experience with Hyperion knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of how financial statements are linked together.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – some of the work in this role is deadline driven.
- Self-starting individual who can work with a minimum of direction preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to discuss and explain financial transactions and processes in a clear and concise way to individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of financial internal control processes.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.