Full Time, Permanent
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
We’re looking for an Electrical Technician to join the INEOS Acetyls team.We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull is also home to the business's global Technology Development and Support Team and is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now; you could be part of our journey.
As the Electrical Technician you will be responsible for providing a day-based engineering support service to the A4 asset at the INEOS Hull site. You will be required to work with minimal supervision as part of a team of operations, instrument, electrical and mechanical personnel and will have the ability to maximise the reliability and availability of the INEOS assets and ensure SHE targets are met. This requires the application of practical and organisational skills to resolve maintenance issues.
If you thrive on a challenge and are prepared to push yourself, then INEOS’ open and non-hierarchical approach to business will give you the opportunity to quickly develop your career. We value daily collaboration and teamwork, reaping the benefits of working on site/office based.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Generous contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays
- Ongoing career development
- Wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, health cash plans and high street discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free on-site gym will launch soon in Hull
- Online health and fitness hub for employees, plus friends and family
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of support services including counselling, financial support, legal services – for employees and family.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Day to day core role duties include Breakdown and preventative activities, including Interacting with the I/E/A Supervisor & Planner, discipline engineers and operations technicians to be advised of and understand daily plant issues.
- Working with permit signatories daily to discuss and prepare permit requests, method statements and risk assessments.
- Regularly liaising with other trade disciplines and also the supervisors for scaffolding and lagging, when they are required to support specific jobs.
- Acting as task supervisor within the INEOS permit system.
- Fault finding on LV equipment failure, identifying problems and then providing solutions within a specified timescale whilst minimising costs.
- Practising of Preventative Maintenance and use of specialised equipment, including hazardous area equipment inspections to the IEC60079 standard.
- Electronic recording of maintenance activities and interacting with the IT Systems, including Knowledge and use of SAP, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point, and navigating the network drives.
- Working within the Control of Work systems and accompanying SSO’s
- Supervision and facilitating of people and work where required.
To be successful you will hold a minimum of a recognised apprenticeship and NVQ3 or equivalent. ONC (HNC preferred) and preferably i ndate with CompEX modules 01 – 04 certificate and current IEE wiring regulations certificate.
The ability to progress the job from initiation to completion including organising support services is essential and you will also be required to undertake internal and external training courses to help gain or maintain competencies.
The ability to work in a flexible environment with all levels of staff and contractors is also essential. As you will be expected to work independently and with minimum supervision from information gathered from engineers and operating technicians, the ability to plan and manage your workload is key.
You will be an excellent communicator with a committed and enthusiastic approach to your work. Technically you will be experienced in the following:
- Maintenance of HV rotating equipment and associated control systems.
- Safe isolation of electrical systems.
- Maintenance of LV rotating equipment and associated control systems
- Maintenance of hazardous area equipment.
- The ability to fault find on electrical equipment and systems.
- Read, understand and fault find using electrical drawings and schematics
- Maintenance of plant earthing systems.
- Maintenance of electrical power supplies and surface heating systems.
- Knowledge of DCS and emergency shutdown and back-up systems.
- Maintenance of lighting systems and associated control systems.
- Working knowledge of UPS systems.
- Contribute to the setting up of common electrical control/procedural systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of smart motor control units e.g. GEC Gemstart™ units would be adventageous.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application