Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
Nitriles is a global Chemicals business with sales volume of over 1100 kte and revenue in excess of $1B. The products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile along with Acrylonitrile catalyst. The business has manufacturing operations in Ohio, Texas, Germany, and England. The Lima, OH site has a world scale Acrylonitrile unit along with an Acrylonitrile catalyst facility. The Lima site is also closely integrated and shares services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (formerly PCS Nitrogen) for ammonia, urea, and nitric acid, Fort Amanda Specialties with Chelates, Ashland with 1, 4-butanediol, and Cenovus with fuels and refined oil products.
The Electrical Reliability Specialist designs and implements practical, cost-effective electrical and process/supervisory/advanced control designs for asset enhancements, as well as grass-roots additions. Estimates project costs, plans and manages project from conceptual design through start-up, leads project team, creates detailed electrical designs, leads construction and commissioning, ensures timely, appropriate operator and maintenance training, and ensures timely updating of appropriate documentation. Alternatively, designs the electrical aspects of larger enhancement projects, with implementation led by a builder. Provides electrical design, installation, and troubleshooting support as necessary.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Creates and implements practical, cost-effective electrical designs that fulfill operating requirements and are safe, environmentally sound, and maintainable.
- Provides expert input into process design and detailed design regarding electrical requirements.
- Assists Designer/Developer and Builder in accurately estimating costs and benefits.
- Ensures appropriate drawings and specifications are updated on a timely basis to reflect electrical design details and as-builts.
- Identifies ways to improve the Asset Enhancement process.
- Provides electrical design and installation support as necessary for improvements and minor enhancements.
- Also responsible for the following performance criteria:
- Actual costs and benefits (for electrical portion of projects) versus estimated.
- Percent electrical design engineering versus total investment relative to benchmark.
- Electrical control design completed on schedule.
- Number and magnitude of scope changes (pertaining to electrical) occurring in the field.
- Drawings/documentation updated per schedule.
- Number/value of new technologies/innovations employed.
- Number/value enhancements to the Assist/Enhancement process identified and implemented.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 0-5 years electrical experience
- Experience and knowledge include but are not limited to: electrical design and installation; benefit and cost estimation; plant operations
- Proven ability to work in teams
- Project management experience helpful.
Expected Salary range
$70,800 - $95,000 based on experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application