Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder delivers a programme of technical mechanical engineering work improving the operation and maintenance of Runcorn Site plants.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Investigate, report and recommend solutions for specific plant problems in order to improve safety, reliability, availability, process efficiency, cost, and quality assurance.
- With the process engineering technical team, specify and manage modifications, deliver projects; control and report project costs to ensure the approved budget costs are met.
- Working with the responsible engineers nominee, prepare specifications and scopes of work in order to purchase, inspect, overhaul, and modify plant and equipment
- Act as an inspection, quality control, and supervisor for overhaul and project activities, in order to satisfy the target programme and objectives.
- Complete civil asset inspections and support the RMEN asset engineer with the implementation of Runcorn Site Engineering Standards and safe systems of work for the site services area.
Key skills & experience:
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer or graduate caliber with significant experience (10 years plant) and able to demonstrate engineering capability and knowledge.
- Strong critical information-seeking skills.
- Analytical and creative thinker.
- Effective problem solver.
- High regard for standards required for the safety of plant and personnel.
- Able to confidently deal with those in more senior positions.
- Experience in managing minor projects <£100k
- Basic understanding of civil/structural engineering to be able to inspect civil assets and identify defects.
- Good knowledge of the use of SAP maintenance planning system (or similar system).
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies