Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Do you have a desire to make a real impact in the Energy industry? Do you thrive on a challenge? If so, then INEOS Energy want to hear from you!
At INEOS Energy we produce and trade oil, gas, power, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and carbon credits. This is supported by our investments in low carbon technologies, which will help sustain our business through the energy transition. Direct examples of these areas are ‘Project Greensand’, our pioneering carbon storage project in the Danish North Sea and our investment in HydrogenOne Capital.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff both on and offshore. We foster a work environment founded on trust, respect, and teamwork. Hard work and the belief that nothing is impossible is at the core of the INEOS values, we believe this is what sets us apart from the rest.
Join us on our exciting journey as we shape the future with innovative field development projects, energy transition, new energy investments as well as the safe and reliable production of energy for our customers.
We currently have the following exciting opportunities within Denver-based US Oil & Gas team:
Job Title: Data Engineer II Department: Information Technology
Summary of Position
We are seeking a Data Engineer to be responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing our data pipelines and data warehouse solutions. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with Snowflake and Azure, as well as a strong understanding of data modeling, ETL processes, and cloud-based data solutions. They will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of our data infrastructure.
- Design and develop scalable, efficient, and reliable data pipelines using Snowflake, Azure, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Develop and implement data integration and ETL processes from various sources into our data warehouse.
- Optimize data pipelines and ETL processes for improved performance, scalability, and data quality.
- Design and implement data models and schemas in Snowflake, ensuring data integrity and optimization for analytics and reporting.
- Enable data consumption via visualization tools or APIs.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data engineering processes, standards, and best practices.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipeline issues, ensuring data availability and reliability.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in data engineering, Snowflake, and Azure technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Data Engineer, preferably in a cloud-based environment.
- Strong proficiency in Snowflake and Azure, with 5+ years of hands-on experience in data modeling, SQL, and performance tuning.
- Experience with designing and building scalable data pipelines using tools like Apache Spark, Azure Data Factory, or similar technologies.
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.) for data processing and automation tasks.
- Familiarity with oil and gas data models and upstream processes is a plus.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, ETL processes, and data integration techniques.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety regulations and guidelines.
Preferential treatment will be granted to candidates residing in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area.
INEOS USA Oil & Gas LLC is not currently sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
The annual rate for this position generally ranges between $92,000 - $138,000 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, of up to 24% of eligible pay. This role may also be elgibiel to participate in a Long Term Incentive Plan with an annual target between 8-16%. These ranges are estimates, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs, business performance to metrics, and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
Benefits package includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. INEOS also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. 401(k) retirement has both an automatic 3% company contribution and a match of up to an additional 6% of eligible compensation. We offer generous paid time off that includes both sick and vacation which is based on and increases, with industry experience.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application