Main role purpose:
The post holder operates across all areas of Runcorn Site and Weston Works and is accountable for all aspects of plant and SHE performance within their areas of responsibility. They work as part of the fabrication team on both planned and reactive activities across the assets.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain a high awareness of SHE and customer impact, and ensure the manufacturing capability delivers against customer expectations.
- Carry out weld repairs on various pieces of plant equipment both on-site and in a workshop location.
- Deliver first-line local technical expertise in fabrication best practice and provide welding support to the assets.
- Provide technical problem-solving and maintain high engineering quality standards in line with Company requirements.
- Assist with planning and preparation of work scopes for equipment during planned outages; take a lead role in coordinating small teams of tradespersons during shutdowns.
Key skills & experience:
- Time-served Coded Welder, with proven welding experience in MIG, TIG and MMA processes. Additional plater experience desirable.
- High SHE standards.
- Able to weld to a fillet weld standard.
- Able to measure and mark out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Although the post holder’s primary role will be based at Runcorn Site, they may be required to work in Northwich and other nearby locations.
- Full driving license.
- Training in Crane, FLT (forklift truck), and breathing apparatus for work inside vessels.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application