INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
This is an INEOS Group position with responsibility for all INEOS companies in North America, not limited to INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA.
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global chemical company. INEOS products touch every aspect of modern-day life. It comprises 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS also encompasses consumer brands and sports interests.
How the Role Fits In:
This position reports directly to the INEOS Group Holdings, CFO
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The North America Controller is responsible for Overseeing US Consolidated Reporting and Treasury.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Understanding of Legal Entities from a US perspective:
- Responsibilities as a Director, manager and/or officer of various legal entities
- Sign on behalf of legal entities for
- Legal/Bank Resolutions
- Cash Disbursements (Wire Transfers)
- US Government Reporting
- US Legal Entity Reporting
- Timely Stand-Alone Financial Statements
- Timely Consolidated Financial Statements
- US Legal Entity Board Meetings
- Present and explain legal entity financials
- Work with Directors and Offices to assure Ineos needs are met and compliant with company requirements.
- Securitization Governance
- Oversee Direct Placement of US specific programs/services (meeting needs at lowest costs)
- Insurance (automobile, workers compensation, jurisdictional inspections, pollution liability and underground storage/railcar leases)
- Consolidation Process
- Timely and Accurate Process assurance
- Hyperion reporting
- US Pensions
- Work with CEO’s, Benefits Director, and Ineos Group to ensure understanding of funding needs/approaches.
- Work closely with Willis Towers Wyatt on all regulatory requirements
- Coordinate recording of Pension entries with US businesses
- Participate in Investment Committee Quarterly Meetings
- Oversee US Financial Audit assurance/compliance
- Oversee accounting for US Holding Companies
Supervision of Staff:
- 2 Direct employees
- 1 Indirect employee
Skills & Knowledge Required
- The breadth and depth of Controller role would require a qualified individual, CPA preferred, with a high level of consolidated reporting, and Treasury knowledge and ideally 15 to 20 years of experience working in industry and/or in a large public accounting firm.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting required and master’s degree preferred.
- The jobholder will also be required to have well developed PC skills, expert knowledge of SAP, Hyperion, and accounting principles (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- The jobholder needs to be pro-active and have strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues and present information effectively and persuasively to other people both internally and externally. Communications and presentations will be made to varying levels within the organization from middle management up to the company’s most senior executives.
- There is a need to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing demands of both INEOS Group and the US Business Units.
- The jobholder must be able to work efficiently and accurately to ensure that tight deadlines and high standards are met. This will involve good time management skills.
- The jobholder must be self-sustaining and self-motivated.
- This position may require some travel. Estimated travel 5%.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.