Contract Management Lead (Competitive Salary and Benefits)
Contract Management Lead – Work Management Team
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
From within the new central Work Management team, provide commercial and performance oversight, support and improvement for strategic maintenance contracts and directly manage/ own a portfolio of Tier 2 – 4 work management contracts
Align cost assurance, work management, planning processes and systems to enable efficient transactional activity, governance and commercial performance management
- Provide interface between maintenance, procurement, cost engineering, legal and the central Work Management team to support and drive commercial and operational performance improvement of:-
c.42 contracts, totalling c. £50m pa third party spend
Supporting 15 off Tier 1 strategy contract owners
Being direct contract owner for 25 Tier 2 to 4 strategic contracts (c.£13m pa spend)
- Working with the procurement function to setup and manage Supplier Relationship Performance Management (SRPM) requirements for contracts within remit
- Support development and ownership of contract performance management procedures relating to work management
- Support tendering, and follow strategic sourcing processes, for appointment of vendors for ‘in-scope’ contracts – prioritising safety performance and setting up for success
- Own central view of work management BI reporting and performance dashboards
- Work with assets and vendors to drive commercial and operational performance of contracts – architecting and overseeing improvement plans, where necessary
- Ensure that security of supply for services are maintained safely, to the correct technical specification and on schedule to meet operational requirements
- Provide expert advice on work management/ maintenance category related risks, including in depth market knowledge both commercial and technical
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms to the business
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule/ commercial risks.
Reporting to the Work Management Programme Team lead, initially within FPS Transformation function, the post holder will be required to work closely with asset teams and functional stakeholder’s to establish existing and new SRPM processes for in scope maintenance contracts.
The team is being established to standardise working practices, reduce risk and increase work management efficiency across FPS.
qualifications and technical experience
- Advanced CIPS Diploma or equivalent education is desirable but not essential.
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- Previous procurement or quantity surveyor ( 10+ years) experience in a large complex manufacturing environment, dealing with contract negotiation and management
- Hands-on knowledge of energy industry maintenance planning, scheduling and execution a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAECI ( “the blue book”)
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, Power BI, SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build relevant relationships and networks.
- Self starter working effectively in ad hoc multi disciplinary teams, providing leadership and focus.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to react quickly and work to tight deadlines
- Sound understanding of INEOS IGGNS, policies, site safety standards and legislation
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.
how to apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application