PROJECT Construction SupervISOR (Mech) COntract - 6 Months
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
The ethylene cracker at our INEOS O&P business in Grangemouth has a substantial program of projects underway, comprising the completion of the final phases of a new build furnace, and a suite of projects that are under development for delivery between now and early 2024.
A Project Construction Supervisor (Mechanical) is one of a number of experienced project professionals INEOS is seeking, to join the existing team to support this major investment program.
- Lead the field execution of project construction work
- Facilitate and drive mechanical installation work activities for allocated projects
- Supervise the safe working of installation resources.
- Lead the delivery of construction work in the field, coordinating resources necessary to complete the work safely, to the required quality standard, on time and in budget
- Provide construction expertise during design phases to ensure that construction requirements are considered
- Review Risk Assessments & Method Statements for 3rd party contractor execution of field work and build associated permits to work
- Plan and schedule the implementation of work packages, ensuring that work is coordinated with all parties
- Monitor and report upon construction progress and seek mitigations / solve problems to minimise delays
- Complete & progress QA ‘Punch’ procedures for Project Mech phases.
- Ensure that accurate and complete “as Built” information is provided
- Ability to interface & coordinate with a wide range of roles & disciplines both internal and third party
- Ability to supervise multiple contracts on concurrent projects across the site
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned project activities.
- Ability to review scope/ drawings/ specifications of construction packages to understand both what is to be implemented and how
- A broad understanding of project processes , and an understanding of the budgeting process
- Proactively initiate construction progress to safely meet agreed schedule and plans
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- HND Qualified in Mechanical Discipline
- Mechanical Apprenticeship / Time served achieved
- Minimum 5’ experience in an construction environment (ideally relating to oil/Gas industries or petrochemical manufacturing)
- Knowledge of construction Health and Safety Regulations (including CDM Regs)
- Working knowledge of relevant International & National construction standards
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels (both within INEOS and with contractor resources)
- Good planning and organisation skills with a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Commitment to excellent SHE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions/ behaviours.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply and upload CV
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application