Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a Compliance & Assurance Auditor to join our team on a permanent basis. The post-holder will be based in our HQ in Grangemouth and will provide additional audit resource to the ICGL and IIGL businesses at Grangemouth.
This Compliance & Assurance Auditor role has two main elements:
- To support the O&P UK Lead Auditor in determining both internal INEOS compliance with the O&P UK Management System - and identifying potential for imported risk through audit of suppliers and contractors.
- Specific responsibilities associated with the INEOS Laboratory, a 24-hour analytical operational service. The Laboratory holds ISO 17025 accreditation for various INEOS businesses across Grangemouth, including O&P UK. This role will support the QA processes required to meet ISO 17025 standard requirements, to maintain the Laboratory’s ‘license to operate’.
The post-holder will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the delivery of the annual O&P UK audit programme.
- Providing clear feedback on the outcome of an audit, to ensure understanding by the stakeholders – to allow the business to implement improvement actions.
- Audit of key external Suppliers and Contractors to the O&P UK business. Particularly, audit of key Contracting companies against specific topics (including competency and tailored HSE topics), in line with the Management System requirements.
Specific responsibilities associated with the INEOS Laboratory UKAS accreditation include:
- Assisting the Laboratory Quality Manager, ensure compliance with quality and technical standards. Providing QA support to the Laboratory Management Team.
- Implementing QA processes, notably ISO 17025 accreditation required by site for Hydrocarbon Emissions and Pollution Prevent Control legislation.
- Plan and support the Laboratory’s preparedness for internal and external audits (ISO 17025, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001).
- Conduct Method Witness Assessments for the purposes of the Lab ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Ensure that the Laboratory maintains compliance with Site Management procedures, and that all staff within the Laboratory meet mandatory training (both initially and to meet refresher dates).
- Assisting the Laboratory Operations Document Controller to ensure updates and reviews of policies and procedures are complete, to comply with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Conduct bespoke independent internal audits from a “process audit“ viewpoint, using the audit protocol as a starting point. Improvising the approach and expanding the scope as necessary to determine compliance.
- Provide the businesses with an independent assessment of effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions arising from customer complaint investigations.
- Be educated to minimum HNC level in engineering or science-based subject.
- Be a trained auditor in QA processes.
- Preferably have experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Have knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001, 17020, 17025.
- Have strong planning and organisation skills, together with the ability to deliver to a deadline.
- Be a good communicator, with the ability to influence superiors and peers.
- Be able to communicate and audit at all levels of the organisation, as well as external Suppliers and Contractors.
- Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving. Able to recognise key issues and provide solutions.
- Have the ability to understand complex issues.
- Have a strong basis of professional judgement.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
You may also:
- Have specific knowledge of ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation.
- Have a broad range of experiences in auditing. The ability to develop audit scopes across a variety of situations, and delivering assurance results.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application