INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
Supporting our Pigments Business, this role will lead the global sales planning and forecasting function, coordinating with various functions (Marketing, Manufacturing, S&OP, Sales, and others as required) to develop and implement the Commercial strategy. The ISM is responsible for creating volume assignment programs (Sales Plans), evaluating margin impact, monitoring commercial performance, developing corrective actions, and approving pricing. The ISM also develops marketing directions for the Ti-Chem business and ensures alignment for commercial implementation. The ISM leads commercial communication initiatives and manages brand image.
INEOS Pigments produces TiO2 and TiCl4 via the chloride process. The company operates two manufacturing assets in Ashtabula Ohio with combined annual output of 250k tones per annum of TiO2 and titanium chemicals. INEOS Pigments is building a new corporate headquarters in Columbus, OH.
· Responsible for the coordination and development of the global Sales Plan for all countries, customers, agents and distributors, to meet marketing and business objectives
· Responsible for the global Sales Volume Planning and Sales Control processes, defining market/customer/grade and share mix to meet business objectives
· Develop TiChem segment specific marketing plan supporting business strategy. This includes product positioning, target segments/customers, pricing outlook and profitability targets.
· Provide insight and recommendations for both short-term and long-term marketing plans
· Communicate and implement commercial marketing strategies across the organization and customers
· Analyse, interpret market data and competitive landscape to provide insight for market strategies
· Pricing management. Deliver price floor recommendations, manage approval of price authorization requests within SAP, audit review and approval of customer rebates
· Manage exhibitions and events, including exhibition design, planning and execution
· Manage brand image and ensure alignment to INEOS Enterprise “Brand Book”
· Develop and deliver brand creative inclusive of market update presentations, INEOS Pigments’ promotional items (giveaways, selling tools, etc.)
· Responsible for product sampling approval process
· Lead internal communication processes regarding customer requests includes “contact us’ inbox, funneling customer leads to appropriate departments and monitor follow up
Level of Education & Experience
- B.S. in Business or other appropriate discipline
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in Commercial operations
- Advanced degree in Business desirable
- Extensive experience in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and/or Business Administration at a managerial/supervisory level or equivalent
- Ability to understand high level commercial business strategies and translate them into tactical working practice
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent technology/computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, BI)
- Sales, marketing and negotiation skills
- Contracts management/administration
- Financial acumen
- Leadership/Management Development Program
- Influence - Effectively develops relationships that build rapport, gain support and motivate others to adopt initiatives impacting multiple organizations.
- Communication - Must be able to interact and work effectively with individuals throughout the organization. Thoroughly communicates recommendations that address concerns from multiple perspectives.
- Strong analytical and presentation abilities - Systematically collect, organize, analyze and present data, with continual attention to detail
- Critical Thinking- Makes timely, effective decisions with limited information and takes initiative when situations are not clear. Receives guidance from others for difficult or unusual problems.
- Time management - Must be able to prioritize, develop timelines, set milestones, an acquire resources for complex or long-term projects.
- Self-starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-directed and establishes own priorities to meet needs of the multiple organizations and teams depending upon this role