Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Co-Op Opportunity - Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Maintenance Technician
The Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Maintenance Technician disassembles, reassembles, calibrates, repairs, and troubleshoots process control instrumentation, valves and analyzers; maintains and repairs electrical equipment and electrical distribution systems using schematics and electrical drawings to support safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and optimum plant operations. As a member of the Maintenance and Reliability team, this position reports to Maintenance Team Leader, Instrument & Electrical.
This posting is for a full-time position on a temporary basis (May 2024 - August 2024). Successful candidates may be offered full time employment if there is a business need and contingent on students’ performance during the co-op and on obtaining their degree in one of the programs outlined in the Essential Education section.
Our Training Program is a registered apprenticeship program with the Department of Labor.
- Perform maintenance on electrical and electronic equipment
- Monitor and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Calibrate process control instrumentation and analyzers
- Remove, troubleshoot, repair and install automated process control valves
- Maintains process equipment in accordance with established procedures and processes
- Coordinates maintenance activities with operations personnel. Works with operators to troubleshoot and repair equipment and instrumentation
- Supports emergency plant needs on day shift and provides 24-hour support (on call) assistance during off hours
- Provides I&E support to unit engineering functions
- Assists in equipment troubleshooting activities and in root cause failure analysis
- Complete work documentation such as paperwork/computer system entries associated with the job
- Identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
A High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a current student at Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College enrolled in Electronic Instrumentation Technology program (EIT); or, must be a current student at Trident Technical College enrolled in Mechatronics (General Technology –Electrician: Industrial & Construction)
- Must have a minimum of 4 semesters of identified program course work by December 2022 with the intent and ability of acquiring Associates degree in the identified program by August 2023
- Preferred Overall GPA: 3.0
Additional Requirement: All applicants must mail official transcripts to the following address:
Attn: Daryl Johnson (Site Training Coordinator)
1306 Amoco Dr
Wando SC 29492
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than your current employer
- The ability to read & follow detailed operating, maintenance and safety procedures.
- The willingness & ability to relocate to or commute on a daily basis to the INEOS Cooper River Plant without company assistance
- The willingness & ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work with diverse groups to achieve results and maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- Experience working in an industrial or military environment
- Experience working with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience responding to industrial emergencies
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- The ability to routinely work in confined spaces for extended periods of time
- The ability to routinely climb stairs & ladders that can exceed 200 feet in total span with break decks
- The ability to lift & carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds in weight.
- The ability to put on respirators and other important safety equipment
- Constant (67-100% of time) exerting over 50 pounds of force (lifting, pulling, pushing, torqueing), standing, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, carrying, repetitive motions.
- Working outside 67-100% of time in temperature extremes and noisy environment
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
- Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.