SENIOR CAD TeCHNICIAN
Title: CAD Technician
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Grangemouth, Fully Office Based
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We are offering a unique opportunity for two CAD Technicians to update and maintain the site master records within the Project Services Team.
You will be working with site discipline engineers and 3rd party designers to understand the requirements of their updates and turn them into accurate and detailed 2D technical drawings to update the site master engineering drawings used in projects, plant modifications or after engineering changes.
These permanent roles are ideally suited to someone with an engineering background who is looking to build on their existing experience or have ownership for CAD services in one of the main Petrochemical companies in the central belt.
- Update asset master drawings from designer final revisions or red line mark up’s.
- Create 2D drawings based on sketches or re-layout to ensure legibility.
- Ensure all master drawings are formatted, layered and created in line with company and international standards.
- Liaise with asset engineers and designers to understand their requirements for drawing updates and allocate equipment and drawing numbers.
- Make suitable interventions to avoid quality control issues.
- Represent the function to scope new work or determine closure timelines.
- Track and report on team targets.
- Provide cover within the Project Services Team.
- Work-hour estimating and scheduling of work.
- Liaise and work with the 3rd party designers.
- Hold an HNC/HND Computer Aided Draughting and Design, an engineering discipline (essential) and / or 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- Be an Auto CAD user and completed an accredited course.
- Electrical/Mechanical experience preferred
- Experience working on multi-discplined drawings and understanding of associated design documentation.
- Have working knowledge of drawing standards and document handover requirements.
- Display proficient use of common Microsoft packages and PDF conversion software.
- Have attention to detail to identify where information is missing or incorrect.
- Required to work on multiple updates at various project stages.
- Knowledge of project document control, document storage & engineering databases.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application