INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Salary Range: $67,376 to $86,632
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It is comprised of 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 manufacturing facilities in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS is a young company and has grown through a series of related acquisitions to become a leading chemical company with sales around $61 billion. INEOS USA LLC has approximately 3,400+ US employees and 400+ retirees spread across 13+ businesses.
How the Role Fits In:
Under the supervision of the Benefits Manager, the position of Benefits Analyst serves to operate the Health, Welfare, 401(k) and Pension benefit plans. Included are interactions with vendors, other benefits team members, employees, participants, and business HR teams. This role may also be called upon to assist others in the department.
Purpose of Job
The benefits analyst is responsible for supporting the Benefits function with administering benefit plans and analyzing/auditing data.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Assists with administration of health, welfare, and retirement plans.
- Perform periodic audits of employee elections, deductions, and funding accounts.
- Compiles and analyses vendor analytics for Plan due diligence.
- Perform reverse audits to identify and resolve system issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve employee, system, and integration issues with HR System and/or benefits vendor.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by analysing data and using various reporting and reconciling techniques.
- Create reports for ongoing benefits, HR, and business needs.
- Support HR System by creating requirements, use cases, test plans and rollout plans.
- Assist with management of compliance in relation to DOL, IRS, ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, and other regulations. Includes benefits funding, 401(k) loans, non-discrimination testing, audits, reporting, reconciling, mailings, invoicing, and corrections in accordance with EPCRS.
- Assists with administration and funding of 401k and Section 125 plans.
- Supports annual audits and 5500 preparations.
- Prepare files for Non-Discrimination Testing.
- Complete annual true-up processing including funding and reconciliation.
- Recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements or resolve issues.
- Supports annual open enrolment process.
- Assists with benchmarking best practices and monitoring market trends.
- Prepare and coordinate the development and distribution of required benefits communications, including Employee Benefits Handbook (SPD), Plan Documents, Benefits Guides, and Benefits Website updates.
- Document procedures while improving efficiency.
- Provide day-to-day support to HR and Payroll contacts across various businesses.
- Handle and resolve employee inquiries; escalate as necessary.
- Assist with coordination of communication across multiple benefit plans.
- Write, review, and proofread employee communications.
- Assist with ERISA and other benefits appeals.
- Support Benefits Manager and Director as needed.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 4+ years of business experience, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Previous experience in a benefits position is desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Must be able to create and troubleshoot complicated formulas, vlookups, pivot tables and charts.
- Benefits, Payroll and/or HRIS system experience required; Workday and/or SAP SuccessFactors preferred.
- Data reporting and analytics experience required.
- Document process and procedures, identify improvement and work with team members on implementing.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills to identify and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once without compromising quality.
- Capable of being entrusted with critical tasks.
- Strong attention to detail including ability to notice patterns in data and turn them into useful insights.
- Able to review work to find mistakes.
- Works well in a team environment (communicating, listening, collaborating, building credibility)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Knowledge of various federal and state
- regulations governing benefits plans.
- Strong focus on excellent customer service.
- Ability to both write and trace through logic, coding and configuration.
- Able to manage tasks in compliance with company policies and operating procedures.
Follows through on commitments.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application