APPLICATIONS DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Title: Applications Database Administrator
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
INEOS Grangemouth is an integrated refinery and petrochemicals centre of excellence. We are the largest manufacturing site in Scotland. Click here to find out more Grangemouth | INEOS
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
The application support team Database Administrator (DBA) role requires comprehensive technical understanding of RDBMS and the ability to provide database administration, support & development across the Oracle and MS SQL database estate.
Core to the role is ensuring the availability, performance, integrity and security of the application databases. This is an opportunity for someone with an established understanding of RDBMS support to further their knowledge in application support and development.
Key to the applications support team providing assistance in analysing and resolving application issues and unplanned outages. The role comprises a stimulating mix of support and project work in a fast paced and varied environment.
Out with the relevant core skills this opportunity requires a proven ability to multi-task, an interest in application architecture and a willingness to learn new skills.
There is no line management responsibility but you will engage with the wider IT Team key business stakeholders & 3rd party suppliers.
The role is part of the IT Apps team on-call rota.
- Undertake technical support and development tasks.
- Liaise with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Support and implement IT Strategy.
- Implement continuous service improvements.
- Work closely with the project manager to complete project activity tasks.
- Maintain a Cybersecurity standard compliant database estate.
- Be skilled in Oracle Database deployment and administration using 10g onwards.
- Be skilled in SQL Server deployment and administration using SQLSERVER 2008 onwards.
- Be skilled in Oracle RMAN configuration and management.
- Have extensive knowledge of backup and recovery operations.
- Be able to analyse and address RDBMS issues, fault find, and tune for optimum performance.
- Be experienced in SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL development and performance tuning.
- Be familiar with middleware IIS, Websphere and Weblogic.
- Demonstrate experience of deployment and environment management.
- Have scripting and development experience.
- Have strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Show understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrate experience of working with database design or data architecture principles.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Ongoing Career Development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via our website ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a provisional offer which will be subject to a medical assessment and reference checks.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL LINKS
Hydrogen Fuel Network Trial
Click here to find out how INEOS Grangemouth are involved in the switch to hydrogen UK Gas Network switch to hydrogen
Click here to find out more about our other businesses across the globe We are INEOS
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application