Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Who We Are
Do you have a desire to make a real impact in the Energy industry? Do you thrive on a challenge? If so, then INEOS Energy want to hear from you!
At INEOS Energy we produce and trade oil, gas, power, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and carbon credits. This is supported by our investments in low carbon technologies, which will help sustain our business through the energy transition. Direct examples of these areas are ‘Project Greensand’, our pioneering carbon storage project in the Danish North Sea and our investment in HydrogenOne Capital.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff both on and offshore. We foster a work environment founded on trust, respect, and teamwork. Hard work and the belief that nothing is impossible is at the core of the INEOS values, we believe this is what sets us apart from the rest.
Join us on our exciting journey as we shape the future with innovative field development projects, energy transition, new energy investments as well as the safe and reliable production of energy for our customers.
We currently have the following exciting opportunities within Denver-based US Oil & Gas team:
Job Title: IT Application Analyst Department: Information Technology
Summary of Position
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Analyst to play a crucial role in enhancing our solutions landscape and driving business success. You will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to identify, analyze, and document business needs and requirements related to solutions used in the oil and gas industry. The E&P Operations Business Analyst is expected have applied experience in oil and gas business acumen, IT software applications, data models, and project management. This role requires a high degree of coordination between business leaders, end users, and various teams within the IT department.
- Conducting comprehensive analysis of existing oil and gas applications, identifying areas for improvement, and recommending solutions to enhance performance and functionality.
- Collaborating with end-users, business leaders, and IT teams to gather and document business requirements for enhancements and new feature implementations.
- Leading the planning and execution of projects, ensuring timely delivery and alignment with business objectives.
- Providing operational support of Operations applications, reporting tools, data models, and system integrations.
- Taking ownership in providing integrity of production application environments to minimize unplanned outages and business disruption.
- Utilizing your expertise in the oil and gas industry to assess the compatibility of available COTS solutions with industry standards and company needs.
- Conducting feasibility studies and impact assessments to guide decision-making on new E&P technology initiatives.
- Identifying and managing potential risks, issues, and dependencies associated with projects.
- Playing an active role in evaluating and selecting new applications and technologies to improve business processes.
- Providing guidance and support to junior analysts and team members as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience (7+ years) as a Business Analyst in the oil and gas industry, with a deep understanding of industry-specific applications and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and translate it into actionable insights.
- Previous experience leading application-related projects from conception to implementation.
- Familiarity with various project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in documentation and analysis.
- Proactive and results-driven approach to problem-solving.
Preferential treatment will be granted to candidates residing in the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area.
INEOS USA Oil & Gas LLC is not currently sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
The annual rate for this position generally ranges between $110,000 - $170,000. with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, of up to 27% of eligible pay. This role, depending on skill level and experience, may also participate in the Long-Term Incentive Plan with annual awards, vesting over three years, ranging from 8-16% of stated annual target. These ranges are estimates, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs, business performance to metrics, and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
Benefits package includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. INEOS also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. 401(k) retirement has both an automatic 3% company contribution and a match of up to an additional 6% of eligible compensation. We offer generous paid time off that includes both sick and vacation which is based on and increases, with industry experience.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.