INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for an Americas SHE Excellence Manager to join our Enterprises business at our Columbus, OH location.
INEOS Enterprises is a management reporting group within INEOS, made up of a portfolio of discrete business units which are brought together under one Board of Directors and supported by a small central team of specialists. The portfolio comprises 8 diverse businesses led by independent CEOs/COOs.
The Enterprises Americas businesses currently cover 12 manufacturing locations across 5 of the Enterprises businesses: Calabrian, Composites, Joliet, KOH and Pigments. The site locations include: United States (10), Canada (1) and Brazil (1).
The SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) role, previously held as a global role, will now be divided regionally between the Americas and the Rest of the World (ROW). The two regional Enterprises SHE Excellence Managers will be responsible for directing and leading the INEOS Group and Enterprises SHE policies across the Enterprises businesses. Working with both the site and business SHE Managers in their region, the job holder will drive continuous improvement in performance and compliance with legislation / INEOS company standards. The individual will provide the leadership for the short and long term SHE strategy (including setting annual SHE targets) in order to deliver the required SHE improvements.
The job holder acts as the conscience for the Enterprises Group to challenge and support the senior management to achieve compliance with ever changing SHE legislation and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Advise the Board and Sites on the key elements of SHE legislation and industry best practice to ensure a comprehensive and appropriate SHE Management System is in place both centrally and at all Enterprises locations
- Direct and lead SHE improvement activities and information sharing to deliver year on year SHE performance improvement in line with INEOS and Enterprises targets
- Direct and lead SHE compliance activities to ensure individual sites and Enterprises overall adhere to both INEOS and legal requirements
- Advise the board on any SHE matters relating to any potential acquisitions or divestments to ensure the SHE risks are understood and included within the decision-making process and support integration of acquisitions
- Lead and manage high level SHE training to ensure Site Leadership Teams are competent in INEOS and Enterprises SHE Management Systems and provide support to wider SHE training and SHE Manager development
- Lead and manage the development of, and support site implementation of, Enterprises SHE Policies to ensure minimum SHE standards are applied across all businesses
- Provide technical support following major SHE deviations or at site request
Level of education & Experience in general
- Degree qualified engineer or chemist with at least 10 years manufacturing experience.
- Certification in Occupational Health and Safety preferred.
- Preferred knowledge and experience working at management capacity in a SHE-related role for a chemical manufacturing business, or comparable industrial operation.
- Must be fluent in English language. Additional languages in Countries where we operate are considered a plus.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of both process and behavioral SHE issues, especially relating to hazards and risks.
- Within a robust understanding of the legal framework, be able analyze and interpret source legislation and guidance and extract key facts and requirements to be included in ongoing work.
- Have skills to be able to research topic areas not known well by the job holder, ensuring high quality information sources are used and be able to make a critical assessment of their relevance to the business.
- Have expertise in technical SHE areas such as analysis assessment techniques including Quantified Risk Assessments, hazard studies, gas dispersion, etc. in order to be able to give advice to the sites.
- Be able to influence decision-making at all levels of the organization, including influencing external bodies such as regulators, insurance companies etc.
- Be able to communicate often complex technical SHE issues to a wide and varied audience, including non-technical people, in a succinct manner.
- Due to the sheer range of the topics involved in the SHE area, one person will not be able to have an in-depth knowledge of every facet. Therefore, to be successful in this role a key behavior is recognizing the limits of your knowledge and being able to access suitable support networks as required.
- An attention to detail is vital in this area, both to ensure key items are not missed but also to be able to successfully manage a wide range of issues over the different locations.
- Maintaining personal integrity when dealing with external bodies, such as regulators etc., whilst acting as the company’s representative and in its best interests. This extends internally where the job holder is expected to act as the conscious for the business in relation to SHE issues.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking up to 8 hours a day for site audits, inspections, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 Kg.
- Must be able to work in confined space.
- Capable to obtain a valid passport.
- Ability and willingness to travel 40-50% of your work time regionally to support the business.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application