INEOS Composites US LLC
Americas Manufacturing Excellence Manager
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for an Americas Manufacturing Excellence Manager to join our Enterprises business at our Columbus, OH location.
INEOS Enterprises is a management reporting group within INEOS, made up of a portfolio of discrete business units which are brought together under one Board of Directors and supported by a small central team of specialists. The portfolio comprises 8 diverse businesses led by independent CEOs/COOs.
The Enterprises Americas businesses currently cover 12 manufacturing locations across 5 of the Enterprises businesses: Calabrian, Composites, Joliet, KOH and Pigments. The site locations include: United States (10), Canada (1) and Brazil (1).
The Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx) role, previously held as a global role, will now be divided regionally between the Americas and the Rest of the World (ROW). The two regional Enterprises ManEx Managers will be responsible to deliver manufacturing excellence improvement in all areas of Enterprises operations. This is achieved through the development of strategies and implementation of improvement plans incorporating best practice to achieve the agreed business targets within the financial budgets and to applicable laws.
The job holder will lead significant improvement projects in asset strategy and integrity, capital planning, SHE, quality, work effectiveness, business change and cost control/reduction either within specific businesses or to establish common practices/standards across all Enterprises manufacturing assets.
The role requires extensive travel (40-50% of work time) with the job holder expected to regularly visit / audit the manufacturing sites. Reporting directly to the Operations Director who is based in Canada, the job holder needs high levels of self-management and motivation.
Key Responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Proactive analysis of portfolio manufacturing performance to identify significant improvement opportunities in specific sites or across multiple sites
- Identify and lead improvements across all sites based on analysis of the “Value Gap” and ensure that manufacturing strategies and improvement plans incorporate and deliver those improvements.
- Lead the manufacturing interface in potential business acquisitions.
- To establish effective networks with internal and external contacts to share best practice and to benchmark Enterprises performance against “best in class” in comparative businesses.
- Be the Appointed regional Engineering Integrity manager for Enterprises
- Support of Capital expenditure program for regional businesses
- Champion plans for career development and succession in key manufacturing roles across the Enterprises sites and advise the Operations Director of potential candidates where vacancies arise
Level of education & Experience in general
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering, or related Engineering/Science discipline
- Experienced (10 years plus) Production or Operations Manager.
- Preference for past Site Manager experience.
- Must be fluent in English language.
- Additional languages in Countries where we operate are considered a plus.
- In-depth proven manufacturing experience
- Performance measurement
- Able to present improvement strategies in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Organizational knowledge
- Project planning and delivery
- Leadership skills including the ability to motivate a wide range of employees through influencing rather than direct line management.
- Able to operate effectively in different organizational and regional cultures.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Results orientation – performance bias
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking up to 8 hours a day for site audits, inspections, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work in confined space.
- Capable to obtain a valid passport.
- Ability and willingness to travel 40-50% of your work time regionally to support the business.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application