INEOS Composites US LLC
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Our products touch every aspect of modern life. INEOS comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Our production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS Joliet is part of the INEOS Enterprises portfolio. INEOS Enterprises is a global market leader in the production of chemical intermediates that are used as an essential input into chemical value chains across a broad variety of end markets and sectors.
The INEOS Joliet facility was originally constructed by Amoco starting in 1957. At our ~775-acre site in Channahon Township (about 40 miles southwest of Chicago) we produce three products - Purified Isophthalic Acid (PIA), Trimellitic Anhydride (TMA) and Maleic Anhydride (MAN). Our products are used in a wide range of applications, including PET packaging, unsaturated polyester resins (UPR), coating resins, plasticizers, copolymers, lubricants, and various other resin, ester, and specialty products.
INEOS Joliet has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our business. This position will be located at the INEOS Enterprises US Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
As an Accountant for the Joliet business, you will be a member of the Joliet finance team. This role is actively involved in the business financial close and reporting processes and leverages the SAP ERP system and Microsoft products to manipulate and understand data. This role has responsibility in the accounts receivables, cash/treasury, Securitization audit, and some credit functions. This role works with all levels across the organization and with INEOS affiliates.
- Embrace INEOS strong safety culture: Support business initiatives of INEOS Safety Principles, INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGN) and Life Savings Rules (LSR).
- Accounts Receivable: Responsible for maintaining the following processes:
- AR Aging/Past Due
- Managing Prepayments
- Managing Rebates
- Accounts Receivable Commercial update meetings
- Cash Activities
- Accountable for the business processes and deadlines associated with the following:
- Daily Cash Application
- Daily Cash Reconciliation to bank balances
- Weekly Cash Forecasting
- Check Depositing
- Interest payments on loan balances
- Debt payments
- Securitization: Accountable for the business processes and deadlines associated with the Securitization Process:
- Monthly, Quarterly, & Annual Reporting
- Debt Reporting (bank reporting)
- Securitization Audit Lead
- Manage customer payments into correct securitization accounts
- Financial Close Process: Responsible for maintaining the following close processes:
- Intercompany reconciliation/mismatches
- Booking INEOS Management Fees (fees with INEOS Enterprises)
- Various Monthly Accruals (bonus, payroll, benefit, IT, etc.)
- Balance Sheet Stewardship
- Credit: Managing order releases, weekly credit reports
- Internal Controls: Vendor setup backup; AP invoice entry backup
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in accounting with progressively increasing responsibilities in a corporate environment.
- Sound and balanced business acumen.
- Solid understanding of GAAP & IAS.
- Mastery of O365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Access).
- Proven working knowledge of SAP – has the skillset to extract and manipulate data to support financial and business objectives.
- Must be able to maintain Access databases; SQL table understanding a plus
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Business process acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done and ask for help if needed.
- Strong ability to understand audience and build trust quickly.
- Professional, strong communicator and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application