A5 Process Engineer
Permanent, Full time
Saltend Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
The Acetyls Business Unit is one of the world's leading manufacturers of acetic acid and its derivatives, and owns & deploys its leading technology in Europe, Asia and US.
INEOS Hull Site is the European manufacturing facility for the Acetyls Business Unit and is of significant strategic importance to the Global Business, with a focus on Manufacturing Petrochemicals as well as Research & Technology. Our core product range is Acetic Acid and Acetic-Anhydride.
The A5 plant is a top tier COMAH registered plant and the job holder has a key role in ensuring the assets are operated safely to meet the company’s and the regulator’s expectations with safety performance and operational integrity.
The A5 plant is part of the INEOS Acetyls business. Reliable and efficient plant operation are key measures of asset performance that need to be achieved to ensure business requirements are met.
About the opportunity
The Process Engineer role is to provide process engineering support to the A5 Asset Team to ensure the delivery of both minor and major projects in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner and to support the day-to-day operation of the assets focusing on process & behavioural safety, reliability, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Uphold the “INEOS 20 BEHAVIOURAL & PROCESS SAFETY PRINCIPLES” & “Life Saving Rules” in all activities undertaken, including managing integrity and operations within the safe operating limits.
- Responsible for the definition and maintenance of plant operating envelopes including review and investigation of deviations.
- Provide day-to-day support with respect to process engineering issues associated with the asset.
- Support the performance engineer and shift teams to drive variable cost improvement, focusing on raw material and utility usages.
- Produce process engineering deliverables for minor plant projects including: development of design options and work scopes, leading of safety reviews, detailed process engineering design (P&ID’s, line/valve lists, detailed calculations, mass/energy balances, equipment sizing/specification, etc.) and compilation of management of change documentation.
- Provide process engineering input to Appraise and Select phases of major plant projects and provide process design assurance of all engineering contractor and vendor work.
- Ownership of chemical engineering master technical documents and drawings such as Hazardous Area Classification drawings, P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Drawings), Cause and Effect Charts, Register of Protective Devices (RoPD) and Alarm Response Manual (ARM); ensure that these documents are accurate and up to date.
- Ownership of the plant asset plan; responsible for collecting input from across the asset team (e.g. work-scope, budget, schedule) for all safety, reliability and efficiency projects as part of the business annual planning process.
- Coordinator for plant management of change system (ensuring MOC procedure requirements are followed) and process engineering design signatory.
- Participation in plant HAZOP/LOPA reviews and completion of process engineering actions. Depending on experience, may be required to chair aspects of HAZOP/LOPA activity.
- Support for RBI (Risk Based Inspection) process / CMIP (Corrosion Monitoring Improvement Process).
- Participate in audits and support incident investigations as required.
The successful candidate will be Degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering or equivalent and will be an experienced Chemical engineer with proven manufacturing experience within the Petrochemical or Refining industries.
You will be driven in delivery and be able to ensure the assets are operated safely to meet the company’s and the regulator’s expectations with safety performance and operational integrity. You will have working knowledge of HAZOP and Management of Change procedures.
- Expertise in chemical engineering including in depth knowledge of equipment design, HAZOP, LOPA, PHA, HAZID, pressure relief, etc.
- Experience of COMAH top tier chemical plant engineering standards and safety.
- A good working knowledge of national and international codes and standards pertaining to process design issues and equipment selection.
- A good working knowledge of simulation tools and process design software tools.
- A proven record of being able to work successfully in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Results orientation and performance bias with good attention to detail.
- A desire for knowledge management and capturing lessons learned for future improvements.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands in a continuously developing environment.
- Good motivator and able to see improvement opportunities within their teams and more broadly.
What we offer
As well as ongoing career development we offer a wide range of benefits including discounted private medical insurance, cash plans and high street discounts.
25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with option to buy extra annual leave and flex 5 of these bank holidays.
Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus.
Enhanced maternity and paternity leave; Contributory Pension; Employee Assistance Programme; Cycle to Work Scheme.