IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2020, sales were at 4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
A. Purpose/Role of the job /: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organization’s objectives
To carry out regular operation & routine maintenance checks in Utility Area in Shift as per the instruction of Utility Engineer of plant in order to keep manufacturing process running uninterrupted, ensure smooth operation of the Utilities such as Raw water supply, screw air compressors, air dryer unit & cooling tower operation along with required maintenance support and improve reliability of the Assets.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
Compliance to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines.
Compliance to Quality standard ISO 9001 and Environment Management System ISO 14001.
Compliance of Energy standard ISO 50001 for efficient use of energy.
Inter-site and company best practices transfer.
Support Mechanical Engineer for appropriate coordination with OEM and Service providers.
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job.
- Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines, Compliance with local regulations.
- Participate on regular safety training at site:
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment etc.
- Active support to the safety culture at site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Understand and follow annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- Work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Contribute to Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Participate on training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting.
- Support Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- Be conscious that all incidents including Near Miss at site must be reported, investigated and action items must be tracked to closure.
- Active use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items from audit, plant walkthroughs.
- Support the Asset Manager, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program
- Take responsibility for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Follow site procedures aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for
- Following and practicing INEOS 20 principles of Behavior Safety and Process Safety at site through site rules and procedures
- Following and practicing Life Saving Rules at site
- Safety of other Employees, Contractors, Visitors and partners at site
- Following Permit to Work as per the site procedure
- Following Management of Change (MOC) as per the site procedure.
- Responsible for
- Participating in HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Tracking action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Work in compliance with all legal regulations.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Participate on the INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
- Stop work whenever there is an unsafe condition and immediately inform the Shift Leader and/or Head of Department.
- Directly intervene with those in your working area not using PPE or not following INEOS Styrolution standards and procedures.
- Maintain the respective workplace in order and clean, as per best practices of housekeeping.
Outcome: Zero incident/accident in the plant with sustainable and safe operation.
- Key Result Areas: Utility operation & routine maintenance checks
- Ensure that uninterrupted supply of all Utilities is available to the process plants.
- To monitor, ensure timely maintenance, including AMCs of all utilities including additional utilities introduced during new project.
- To maintain cooling tower through timely blowdowns & routine maintenance practices.
- To maintain air compressor systems by continuous monitoring, routine maintenance & plugging the compressed air leakages in the plant.
- To monitor & report daily water consumption data and support to control the raw water consumption
- To carryout following activities depending on availability & on instruction of Utility Engineer.
- Regular maintenance checks as per defined schedule
- Troubleshooting problems for different equipment installed in Utility area
- Regular scheduled activities of the rotating equipment (Pumps, Gearbox, Blowers/fans etc) including Cleaning, Lubrication, Inspection
- Removal, shifting and re-installation of different utility material as per requirement
- Support in Alignment of rotary equipment as required
- Support in Pressure testing of the piping and Rectify the abnormality observed during testing/ inspection.
- Strainers/filters cleaning, replacement & assembling.
- To follow defined SOPs for all work practices.
- Record keeping of all Utilities, consumption data study & feedback.
- Operation & monitoring of all Utility equipment and running parameters.
- Checking & verification of equipment safeties and interlocks for safe and smooth operation.
- Take corrective and preventive measures to avoid leakages from any of the utility lines.
- Maintain the Utility area log book / reports / history with all operation parameters, jobs carried out, Alarm observed and safety checked as per the plant requirement.
- Immediate rectification of the problem and communication to the concerned persons.
- Maintain zero utility leakages in the plant.
- Ensure implementation of Asset care program in Utility area w.r. to work standard, housekeeping, upkeep of equipment etc.
- Support in execution of process safety inspection plan in Utility area.
- Ensure that all standby equipment are always available for operation. Repairs to be done immediately in case of any problem.
Outcome: Improvement in all utilities availability & reliability
3. Key Result Areas: Normal operation / Startup / stoppage / Shutdown of Utility equipment
- Follow all SHE guidelines and work procedures during daily operation, start-ups and shutdown of equipment in consultation with production department.
- Ensure safe practices are followed during start up and shut down of equipment according to OEM recommendation and production requirement.
- Ensure Utility equipment are operated within norms and take corrective measures in case of deviations in consultation with mechanical engineer.
- For shutdown proper planning should be followed for the stop/start activity, spares requirement, manpower planning and other resources required.
Outcome: Perform safe and smooth operation/maintenance during startup, stoppage and shutdown
4. Key Result Areas: Spares management including sub-assembly in workshop
- Issuance, shifting & appropriate handling of material as and when needed as per the instruction of superiors.
- Support and check for maintaining Sub-assemblies ready to use, for quicker replacements during any breakdown
- Support to take corrective action for the abnormality shown in the vibration monitoring, Oil testing, thickness testing reports and in re-inspection for verification.
- Support to maintain minimum required inventory of critical spares in stores as per the defined list.
- Consumable Spares available in stores and in department should be checked and tested in advance and kept as ready to use to reduce equipment downtime for maintenance.
- Availability of ready to use spares / sub-assemblies.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects,)
Number or Amount in US$ / Details
Katol Production (SAN)
100 KTA (SAN)
screw air compressors,
Air dryer unit
750 CFM x 3
2000 TR + 1200 TR
200TR x 2, 220 TR x 1
Supervision of staff:
Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
For Utility operation and maintenance
For Utility maintenance
Production Shift executives / Production Manager
For Utility services and other related activities
For Utility operation and maintenance activities
As per plant requirement
SHE compliance & Safe operation of plant
For Utility operation and maintenance
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- ITI in Utility trade after 10th standard
- Knowledge of Hindi and Gujarati language
- English (desired).
Experience in general:
- 6 ~ 8 years of experience in Utility operation and maintenance of the continuous process chemical/petrochemical plants.
- Safety awareness
- Knowledge of Utility operations & routine Maintenance/checks.
- Knowledge of Rotary equipment used in Utility area such as air compressors, Pumps, Fan & blowers and Gearboxes etc.
- Knowledge of vibration monitoring and alignment of the equipment.
- Awareness about Safety, Work permit system, Risk Assessment and Tool Box talk.
- Knowledge of Operation & routine maintenance checks of Utility plant such as Water treatment plants, RO,UF,DM and other equipment like Refrigeration plant/Chillers, Cooling towers, Air compressors,centrifugal pumps & blowers, agitators, gear boxes, mechanical seals, gear pumps etc.
- Knowledge of Utility specifications and quality parameters.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Positive attitude towards safety norms and work procedures for self and others.
- Ability to understand Utility SOP’s
- Ability to write logbooks and other records of Utility equipment and operation.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Communication skill - verbal & written
Legal Training Requirement
- No Legal training required for this position.
Other Job Requirement
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to walk up to 6 - 8 hours a day.
- Be able to lift up to 20 - 25 kg (desirable).
- Be able to work in confined spaces (desirable).
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- SHE KPIs
- Reliability of Utilities.
- Preventive and predictive maintenance of utility equipment.
- Zero leakage / Spillages in Utility
The above list may not include all the Jobs and Tasks required to be carried out by the position holder. Position holder may also be assigned other supplementary tasks which are required to be accomplished as part of his Job responsibility.
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
If you require further information please contact Ruchi Sharma.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application