IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2020, sales were at 4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
A. Purpose /Role of the job /: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organisation’s objectives
Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of the Utility equipment in order to keep the assets in healthy condition, improve plant reliability and availability. Implement best operation & maintenance practices, PM/PdM maintenance to reduce breakdown through SAP implementation and spares management. Analyse the upset/failure and take corrective & preventive action for future to avoid recurrence of the problem and resolve chronic issues. Ensure that all activities of Utilities and associated contractors are done in accordance with INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
- Compliance to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines.
- Compliance to quality standard ISO-9001 and Environment Management System (ISO-14001).
- Regular coordination with production team for un-interrupted utility services to the plant.
- Knowledge of techniques for efficient use of energy and Utility plant operation.
- Compliance to INEOS Styrolution IGGN guidelines.
- Working with Statutory Authorities for timely compliance to Boilers, Gas, Pressure vessels certification and inspection work and lifting tools testing & inspection work in the plant.
- Dealing with contractors for effective and safe work at site.
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job
- Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines, Compliance with local regulations.
- Participate on regular safety training at site:
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment, etc.
- Active support to the safety culture at site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Understand and follow annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- Work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Contribute to Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Participate on training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting.
- Support Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- Be conscious that all incidents including Near Miss at site must be reported, investigated and action items must be tracked to closure.
- Active use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items from audit, plant walkthroughs.
- Support the Asset Manager, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program
- Take responsibility for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Follow site procedures aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for
- Following and practicing INEOS 20 principles of Behavior Safety and Process Safety at site through site rules and procedures
- Following and practicing Life Saving Rules at site
- Safety of other Employees, Contractors, Visitors and partners at site
- Following Permit to Work as per the site procedure
- Following Management of Change (MOC) as per the site procedure.
- Responsible for
- Participating in HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Tracking action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Work in compliance with all legal regulations.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Participate on the INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
- Stop work whenever there is an unsafe condition and immediately inform the Shift Leader and/or Head of Department.
- Directly intervene with those in your working area not using PPE or not following INEOS Styrolution standards and procedures.
- Maintain the respective workplace in order and clean, as per best practices of housekeeping.
Outcome: Zero incident/accident in the plant with sustainable and safe operation.
- Key Result Areas: Take full responsibility of the shift in utility plant operation, maintenance & monitoring equipment & execute preventive, predictive & breakdown maintenance.
Major Activities :
- Operate and serve as utility officer in charge of the utility in all shifts.
- Safe Operation of HTM, Boiler, Air Compressor Unit, Nitrogen Plant, Air dryer Unit, Refrigeration Plant, Cooling tower, DM Plant & Filtration plant.
- Safe and trouble free operation and maintenance of utility equipment.
- Ensure that uninterrupted supply of all Utilities are available to the GPPS/HIPS process plant.
- Record data and monitoring of consumption of Natural Gas / HSD / FO, Water, Nitrogen and Air.
- Execute Preventive and predictive maintenance of Utility equipment as per the schedule and maintenance procedures.
- Monitoring the efficiency of all utility equipment like DM plant, HTM, Nitrogen Plant, Refrigeration plant, filtration plant and cooling tower, etc.
- Ensure availability of updated documentation such as P&IDs, operation & service manuals, GA drawings, Piping drawings and SOPs/SMPs etc.
- Ensure latest documentation/P&ID set are available in designated areas and in good condition
- Ensure process safety inspection plan is followed for Utility area as per the schedule.
- Ensure that all standby equipment are always available for operation. Repairs to be done immediately in case of any problem.
Outcome: Continuous supply of all utilities to production plant with safe and smooth operation
- Key Result Areas: Operation of Utility equipment.
Major Activities :
- Take readings of all equipment hourly basis and fill in log-sheet book to check its performance and also for any abnormality, so immediately inform to relevant HOD’s for corrective and preventive action and also to shift reliever.
- Regularly take samples of Filter water, Cooling water, DM Plant, Boiler feed water & Brine for analysis of its defined parameters and take corrective action to maintain them in standard define limits.
- Follow SOP for safe and correct operation of the utility equipment.
Outcome: To keep all equipment in healthy running condition and also un-interrupted supply of utility services as per define limits by production department.
- Key Result Areas: Maintenance of Utility equipment
Major Activities :
- Following SOP’s of all equipment while in starting /stopping/continuous running conditions.
- At the time of maintenance of equipment, following Task list/work instructions of maintenance including issue of work permits, draining and venting of equipment, electrical isolation and after completion of the job maintain housekeeping around the area.
- Before starting the maintenance job, conduct toolbox talk with technician/ fitters/helper/ contract person/ driver of tankers etc.
Outcome: Safe, smooth & trouble free maintenance of equipment.
- Key Result Areas: Effective communication with production and service dept.
Major Activities :
- Take data from production department and also from utility equipment of utility consumption on shift basis and record it in log sheets to convey shift relieving officer
- Take immediate action in Utility upon information from production about any abnormality and inform your superiors.
Outcome: Smooth operation of utility equipment for un-interrupted utility services.
- Key Result Areas : Statutory compliance & ISO documentation
Major Activities :
- For statutory compliance yearly cleaning, Hydro-test & re-certification of Boilers in coordination with all concerned department.
- Testing and analysis of Thermic Fluid and take corrective actions on the basis of its report.
- Prepare documents of ISO 9001:2008 for QMS & ISO 14001:2004 for EMS
Outcome: Compliance with Quality & Environment management system
- Key Result Areas: Fire station handling in emergency
Major Activities : Safe and smooth Fire pump operation
Outcome: Ensure smooth running of plant from safety aspect.in emergency.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects...)
Number or amount in €
2 X 2 TPH each
1 X 2.8 M kcal/h
N2 generation Plant
1 X 300 M3/H
2 X 74 TR each
2 X 1200 M3/hr + 1 X 900 M3/hr
1 X 2000 TR
DMin water plant
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
Utility & WWTP Operators
For operation and maintenance work
For better coordination for smooth operation of plant
Maintenance (Mechanical / Instrument/ Electrical)
To do the required job on time
Quality of utility generated
Follow SHE guidelines effectively in the plant
As and when required
To do the required job on time
As per plant requirement
To get the job done on time
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Reputed College
Experience in general:
- 7-8 Years work experience in operation & maintennace of utility equipment of a continuous process/chemical/petrochemical plant.
- Working knowledge of Operation & Maintenance of Utility Equipment.
- Knowledge of process/machine parameters required to be monitored in Utility equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO Documentation work
- Knowledge of chemicals used in Utility & how to safely handle it
- Operation of Fire pumping station
- Awareness about Safety, Work permit system, Risk Assessment and Tool Box talk.
- Knowledge of Operation & maintenance of Utility & plant equipment like Boiler, Thermic Fluid Heater, Refrigeration plant, Cooling tower, Air compressor, Nitrogen plant, pumps & blowers, agitators, gear boxes, mechanical seals, Tank farms etc.
- Knowledge of statutory requirement applicable for Utility equipment such as IBR/Pressure Vessels/Licensing requirement etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP – PM/MM modules.
- Knowledge of Energy conservation measures, techniques and other cost saving methods.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Positive attitude towards safety norms, work procedures & alertness for self and others.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Communication skill - verbal & written in English, Hindi/Gujarati.
- Team player with One team concept and able to lead the team.
- Analytical skill for solving repeated & chronic problems.
Legal Training Requirements
- Under the provision (111-A) of the Factories Act 1948, reading with Gujarat Factory Rules 1963 about General Health & Safety, Emergency response, handling of hazardous substance
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Walking up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to lift upto 25 kg of weight
- Willing to work in shifts as and when required.
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- Asset Care program- Compliance of all standards in Utility area
- Reliability of Utilities to the production plant GPPS/HIPS
- Compliance of INEOS Styrolution SHE Standards for direct workers and contractors on site.
- Compliance of all legal requirements and IGGNs on time.
- Monitoring of Operation / Maintenance related KPI’s of Utility such as equipment efficiency, downtime, specific consumption and maintenance cost.
- Utility equipment Maintenance through SAP-PM Module. PM/PdM compliance
- Availability of standby utility equipment all the time.
If you require further information please contact Ruchi Sharma.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application