Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Grade 36-37 commensurate with experience
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of olefins and polyolefins in North America. From its primary manufacturing locations at Chocolate Bayou, near Alvin, Texas and Battleground Manufacturing Complex in LaPorte, Texas, with significant operations at multiple sites in the US for WL Plastics, an Oil and Gas subsidiary with active wells in Texas, as well as smaller operations at Cedar Bayou and near Hobbs New Mexico. O&P USA, produces and/or markets of butadiene, ethylene, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene, NGL feedstocks, Oil & Gas and PE Plastic pipes with annual revenue of over $6 billion.
How the Role Fits In:
This role is responsible for the back and mid-office operations for more than $1 billion of annual feedstock purchases, managing tasks in areas including procurement, accounting, risk management, and compliance.
Oversee reconciliation, invoicing, and communications for all spot NGL export activity with INEOS Europe, resolve disputes and provide the necessary support for the virtual pipeline carrying more than 10 million barrels of product valued at nearly $150 million annualy.
Coordinate and manage the delivery of accurate and timely information for management reporting of trading activity that surpasses 2,500 annual transactions, as well as oversight and problem solving for a variety complex financial transactions.
This position is directed by broad functional goals. This level influences portions of strategies for optimizing overall business performance and compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of the Trade Control Manager position is to set the direction and supervise the financial accounting, regulatory policies, and procedures, handle all reporting to INEOS Capital for derivative trading activity. This includes provide technical support for the trading system and ensure that it and all accompanying processes and activity are operating properly and in alignment with all associated INEOS O&P USA delegation of authority and internal control systems. This role has frequent interaction and must build relationships within the commercial team. This position is very hands on. The Trade Control Manager also supports O&P business management in the Marina View (League City) office. A flexible work schedule is required to meet monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial book close deadlines.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- This role is accountable for setting the framework for proper internal control environment and required compliance for the derivative trading activity. This includes defining and implementing internal controls and adherence to the delegation of authority.
- Supervision of two Professional Degreed Analysts
- Supervise and provide necessary support during the monthly financial close process so that the financial results are accurately completed on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the Controller and other members of the Finance & Accounting team.
- Work directly with the Commercial group and other key stakeholders at their location or in their business area to resolve issues and questions.
- Develops “how” or “new ways” to solve complex problems.
- Coordinates abstract concepts into opportunities to improve corporate performance.
- Actively identifies state of the art knowledge in other areas and adapts that knowledge to achieve business improvements.
- Evaluates and integrates the entire process/system (e.g. supply issues to end customers).
- Serves as organizer and leader of the Business Risk Committee that establishes the company’s business risk profile.
- Works with senior leadership to perform assessments of potential new business strategies and convey authorization conclusions.
- Uses commercial and financial risk procedures to evaluate and monitor risk for existing and proposed business strategies.
- Monitors operational assessment of procedures and reviews incident/excursion reports and control metrics.
- Support management interpretation of financial transactions, events, and INEOS policies for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- Supervise preparation and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up on any unresolved balance differences.
- Perform as the lead role in gathering and providing documentation to Auditors, Federal and State Government Reporting, Governmental taxing authorities.
- Supervise and lead special projects as required, as directed by management such as SAP/RightAngle set up.
- Conduct staff performance reviews along and annual performance objectives that align with overall business targets. This includes identification of training or skills development using available resources such as the INEOS academy.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of education & Experience in general
- B.S. in Accounting with 8+ year relevant experience required.
- Masters in business, accounting or CPA will be strongly considered as positives.
- Preference given to candidates with financial experience in a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Expansive knowledge of SAP and Excel with recognized expertise in SAP, trade capture software, and other financial accounting systems and software. Works with very strong analytical and superior problem solving & diagnosing skills.
- Understands and can design/explain highly complex technical accounting issues of a wide range of situations and performs work without supervision. Is a widely recognized expert in multiple accounting & finance fields
- Diagnoses and solves complex, rare technical or process issues, and evaluates impact on business. Is frequently called upon by other organizations to assist in problem resolution.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the various trading regulations and reporting required by various US and foreign governmental entities.
- Knowledge of financial internal control processes.
- Chemical industries experience a plus.
- Requires experience in team building, team management, and projects leadership.
- Primary objective of job is to motivate others to act; understanding, developing, motivating, negotiating, mediating conflict with technical staff.
- Creates an environment in which quality information flows freely between self and others; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions; builds effective teams
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to influence both peers and management. Uses communication skills to share knowledge and expertise.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – a good portion of the work in this role is deadline driven.
- Strategic: Demonstrated ability to handle abstract problems with no known solutions.
- Visionary: Adapts to multiple/changing demands readily.
- Self-starting individual who can work with a minimum of direction.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.