The Daily Mile is a transformative initiative where children run, jog wheel or walk for fifteen minutes every day in school, in which time, most people will average a mile or more. The initiative has enjoyed phenomenal success since it was started by Headteacher Elaine Wyllie ten years ago at a single primary school in Stirling, Scotland. Today over 3 million children across 14,000 schools in 87 countries globally are now running The Daily Mile.
In 2017 the Scottish Government announced their ambition to become the first Daily Mile Nation. The Scottish Government's vision was to build on the success of The Daily Mile within the school settings and encourage organisations, families and individuals to embed The Daily Mile as part of their daily routine improving positive behaviours through physical activity that can benefit everyday life.
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for continuing to support and deliver the growth of The Daily Mile in Scotland. Working strategically at a national and local level, across partnerships and organisations to create a sustainable model for The Daily Mile and ensuring recognising Scotland’s achievements on the world stage.
Accountabilities of the job:
Working closely with and reporting to The Daily Mile Foundation to ensure that the programme has the necessary visibility, partnerships and resources for delivery.
Partnerships and Communications
Confidently promote the vision of The Daily Mile and develop and maintain positive relationships with existing and new stakeholders and policy makers at national and local level.
- Lead on Campaign communications activity across Scotland and support The Daily Mile Foundation team in the development of online, social media platforms and marketing campaigns.
- Develop, Support and coordinate local and regional launches and forums
- Work in partnership with The Daily Mile Foundation (TDMF) to ensure the programme has necessary visibility, partnerships and resources
- Represent TDMF in as the main interface with partnerships in Scotland
- Lead on programme communications across Scotland
- Grow the number of schools signed up to The Daily Mile
- Responsible for the roll out of The Daily Mile Fit For Life programme across Scotland.
Level of education & Experience in general
- Degree Level desirable
- Understanding and good knowledge of the public and private sector landscape across Scotland, including health, sport and education (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of marketing and campaign activation
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced MS office skills and data analysis
The Job Holder needs to:
- self-manage, display initiative, engage in proactive behaviour, seize opportunities, and demonstrate continuous self -improvement.
- be able to challenge others in a constructive way to help achieve optimum results
- Provide effective influencing and persuasion skills when dealing with partners
- Play a pivotal role in working together within TDMF and offer advice and guidance to co-workers
- demonstrate excellent analytical thinking and the ability to proactively obtain accurate information for partners.
- Well organised
- Ability to work with a wide range of people internally and externally to gather intelligence and provide guidance
To apply: Interested candidates should send over their CV / Covering note to the email address provided