INEOS TECHNOLOGIES AMERICAS LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Its production network spans 171 manufacturing facilities in 24 countries throughout the world.
INEOS Nitriles is the world’s largest supplier of Acrylonitrile and Acetonitrile and the industry leader in technology, including Acrylonitrile Catalyst.
The candidate for this job will be part of the Catalyst Research and Development Team, supporting the development of new catalysts and Acrylonitrile operations. The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- The primary role of the research technician is to work as part of a team conducting laboratory experiments related to analytical chemistry.
- The incumbent is responsible for preparing and executing experimental assignments, primarily the characterization of fluid bed catalysts in using various analytical instrumentation.
- The responsibilities include routine and non-routine testing using analytical techniques including BET surface area, PSD by laser diffraction, ICP, XRD, XRF, XPS, etc.
- Additional responsibilities include gathering and reporting of test data and maintaining / modifying laboratory equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all safety policies and requirements.
- Analyzes data for accuracy and consistency based on past experience.
- Documents work details in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Maintains laboratory infrastructure.
- Orders laboratory supplies.
- Identifies and implements improvement opportunities in the laboratory.
- Easily adapts to changing roles and priorities.
- Conducts housekeeping and maintains an orderly work area.
- Actively participates in safety reviews.
- Communicates openly with team members and team leaders on all work-related issues.
- Possesses a strong desire and ability to learn on the job. Strives to develop oneself.
- Is committed to cross-training in the technician community.
- Demonstrate strong safety commitment, shown by Skills & Knowledge Required.
- BS/BA Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry or 10 years lab experience.
- Preferred experience in elemental analytical techniques preferred, including ICP-OES and XRF.
- Preferred experience in microwave closed vessel acid digestions for the analysis of volatile elements preferred.
- Preferred experience in particle analysis preferred, including BET surface area, DLS, laser diffraction, etc.
- Preferred experience in surface and bulk characterization techniques preferred, such as SEM-EDS, XPS, XRD, FTIR, Raman and fluorescence spectroscopies.
- Familiar with gravimetric methods and titrations.
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem- solving skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.