Main role purpose:
The post holder is the recognised expert for designated customers of licensed BiChlor™ and FM™ membrane chlor-alkali technology, proactively providing advice and solving problems to ensure the technology maintains and enhances its reputation and customer’s satisfaction is achieved.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Lead the commissioning activity for new cellrooms and expansions for BiChlor™ and FM™21 technology and train customer personnel to achieve safe, optimal performance.
- Within agreed parameters, negotiate prices and contracts for supply of equipment and for any associated warranty claims to maximise long term margin.
- Provide accurate forecasts of customer requirements in order to minimise working capital, whilst achieving customer supply at the required standard.
- Gather and assess operating information from customer plants in order to troubleshoot operational issues and/or optimise performance.
- Develop and manage customer refurbishment programmes to meet requirements for safety, quality and productivity.
Key Skills and Knowledge Required
- HNC in Chemical Engineering; an engineering degree (process or chemical) is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ chemical plant operations/engineering.
- Proven technical experience in plant operation, preferably chlor-alkali.
- Able to build relationships with customer contacts at all levels.
- High level of independence and autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Flexible and willing to undertake significant global travel.
- Experience of commercial customer interactions, e.g., sales and negotiation, is preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential.
INEOS Electrochemical Solutionsis a world leading manufacturer of industrial scale electrolysis technologies, principally used in the chlor-alkali industry to produce chlorine, a key component of life. With comprehensive research and manufacturing facilities in the UK, we operate globally, and have been continually developing our state-of-the-art BICHLOR™ electrolysers and CHLORCOAT™ electrode coatings for over 35 years.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application