Team Member - Technical Operator (Multiple vacancies available)
Remuneration: £26,600 per annum / Up to 12% Discretionary Bonus / Private Healthcare options / Up to 9% Employer Pension Contributions
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Currently day based Monday - Friday but contracted to work shifts)
Based: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
- Scale up business with huge investment made in a brand new state of the art manufacturing facility for 2022
- Join a team of skilled and experienced Operators and Technical Operators supporting high speed fill and pack operations in the heart of County Durham
Commutable from County Durham, Tyne and Wear, Darlington and Teesside
The role: Our Technical Operators are pivotal to the success of manufacturing / production operations at our flagship Newton Aycliff site, supporting quality, production and Total Productive Maintenance activities. The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, understand Lean and Continuous Improvement and have a passion for problem solving.
- Proactively spot hazards and near misses and report through the EHS Velocity system
- Drive a safety first culture amongst the full production and wider manufacturing team by demonstrating role model behaviours across all aspects of Safety on site
- Participate in safety workshops, committees and safety tours
Day to day Operations:
- Understand the weekly production activities to effectively plan the area.
- Perform basic assembly tasks safely and to correct quality standards i.e. pump fitting.
- Form boxes and seal packaged boxes with tape, apply labels as per instructions or Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure sealed pallets are stacked correctly and safe manual handling is adhered to.
- Start and stop machinery in a controlled manner by way of push button and observe operation for malfunctions.
- Check the quality of materials and finished products.
- Monitor the performance of machinery and perform basic asset care task to ensure machine performance is at standard.
- Run and where necessary set up ancillary equipment on the line i.e. Inkjet printer.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures to make machine adjustments so as to ensure the product is running to the required standard.
- Perform line changeovers in a safe and controlled manner.
- Take responsibility for housekeeping and where necessary operate appropriate Manual Handling Equipment to keep the production areas and walkways free of unused items.
- Perform basic autonomous maintenance activities, including but not exclusive to cleaning, eliminating sources of contamination and ensuring Cleaning, Inspection, Lubrication and Tightening processes are adhered to by all members of the team.
- Perform advanced autonomous maintenance activities including Kaizen and variability reduction. Supervise autonomous maintenance activities and ensure continuous improvement of operators.
Education & Experience:
- Qualified to Level 3 in a relevant mechanical engineering or production discipline – e.g. ONC / NVQ Level 3 (Desirable)
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (Desirable) or experience gained in fast moving manufacturing operations e.g. Automotive
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or GCSE Grades G and above in addition to satisfactory Maths and English competence and demonstrable experience in machine operation.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems.
Applications for this role are being managed by a 3rd Party agency. By applying you consent to any personal data submitted or included in your CV or Covering Letter being shared with a 3rd Party. For more details contact the Recruitment Team at HYG.Recruitment@ineos.com