Location: London (UK)
INEOS Acetyls a global producer of acetic acid and a range of derivatives. We produce over 3 million tonnes per annum from eight manufacturing locations. We have leading market positions in Europe, USA and Asia.
Our Acetyls business is headquartered in Knightsbridge, London, with our UK manufacturing base in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire.
We are looking to secure an appropriately qualified and experienced Tax Accountant to join our Finance Team based in Knightsbridge. Reporting to our Global Consolidation Manager, the successful candidate will take ownership of tax compliance for direct, indirect and WHT submission for INEOS Acetyls UK entities adhering to tax regulations and overriding principles set by INEOS Acetyls and INEOS Group.
Ideally, you'll be fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA with 5+ years’ post-qualification experience, or equivalent Bachelors’ degree or designation with practical financial accounts experience. The role requires a sound technical accounting knowledge and strong understanding of the UK tax rules, to be capable of applying the understanding and knowledge in daily compliance and reporting activities.
Along with technical expertise, the ability to influence workflow within a team without direct report line relationship will prove essential. We are a global business, so you'll need to coordinate input from our different finance teams in Europe and Asia. Strong written and verbal communication skills for interaction with internal and external stakeholders is required - expertly managing cultural differences in a minimally structured environment.
- Prepare and file periodic indirect tax returns including VAT, Instrastat and EC sales lists where applicable which will involve the support and subsequent management of third party indirect tax compliance partners particularity for non UK jurisdictions.
- Ensure all VAT payments are reviewed and processed on time.
- Forecast and clearly communicate tax receipts and payments accurately to the cash forecasting team.
- Investigate and provide analysis of tax returns when required to explain movement of actual results and forecast future tax impacts, including budget.
- Complete the tax pack from Group Tax team to support the annual filing, tax computation, and tax provision for the UK entities.
- Complete of the direct tax computation for the statutory report of the UK entities, advising on technical matters including capital allowance and drafting the tax disclosures.
- Prepare, liaise, and submit with the local finance teams the withholding tax computations for the dividends from the JV entities.
- Assist in the implementation of transfer pricing policies.
- Lead internal and external tax requests, including audits, ensuring data provided reconciles to SAP.
- Seek opportunities to improve tax efficiency of the business unit through up-to-date tax knowledge and liaising with Group tax, providing advice and guidance to the business as required.
- Work with other functions to provide information, share knowledge and understanding of data as and when required.
- Periodically perform other financial duties, projects and activities as required by the business.