INEOS Composites US LLC
Join A Winning Team!!! A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference. Our culture is one of honesty, integrity, and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Blender/Operator to join our Composites business at our Fort Smith Production Facility. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Business Planning function. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Health insurance includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) plan with a 3% employer contribution; in addition, an employer match of 100% on the first 6% of employee contributions
Some responsibilities for this position include:
- Transfer base resins to make blends in process tanks to proper specifications by following procedures and instructions which include transferring resin to and from tanks. This includes maintaining all logs, paperwork, weighing and measuring chemicals/additives associated with making batches.
- Dispose of all hazardous and contaminated refuse per plant procedures.
- Ensure that all hazardous waste shipments comply with government laws and regulations including labeling and drum condition. This includes maintaining all logs and paperwork associated with hazardous waste shipments.
- Safely handle, utilizing all necessary personal protective equipment, numerous liquid and solid raw materials used in the blending process by following established procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to utilize scales and measuring devices to make proper additions to batches for color or tinting and apply all safety protocols required to handle the additives.
- Manually add bags of raw materials to the base resin batches and control temperature and mixer speeds according to procedures.
- Safely drive a forklift to move drums / pallets. Perform daily checks on the forklifts.
To be successful and qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School Diploma along with basic high school math and science skills
- Previous chemical manufacturing experience (a plus)
- Ability to perform physical activity (continuous standing, walking, climbing stairs, etc.)
- Previous mechanical equipment experience, operate pumps, compressors, etc.
- Must successfully complete on-the-job training.
- Ability to work a 40 to 50 hour week (4AM start) with some OT and Saturday if required.
- Must be able to be certified to Drive Fork Trucks, will be trained on site.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (30-75 lbs.).
- Skills to perform word processing, spreadsheet, SAP experience desirable
- Ability to wear Full Face respirator, hard hat, steel toe foot ware, eye protection, gloves, and other PPE
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application