TAR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Title: TAR Mechanical Engineer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS comprises of 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. We also encompass a range of consumer brands and sports interests.
We pride ourselves in offering a working environment that is friendly and welcoming, that offers employees true autonomy and empowerment and that enables everyone to achieve their goals and to have a fulfilling professional career with us.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be based within our Central Operations Team. The new role has become available as a way to improve planned periods of maintenance on our site and offers a unique opportunity to work across various assets within the Grangemouth complex.
- Provide technical standards / specifications for the work e.g. pipe / valve specifications.
- Lead Mechanical work pack preparation with assurance that content & quality is maintained including -
- Integrity inspection of static equipment scopes e.g. drums, towers, exchangers etc.
- Operations cleaning and inspection scopes
- Machinery overhaul – enabling, performance & repair scopes
- Trip & control valves overhaul / repairs
- Pipework & isolation valve repairs
- Plant Mods & Project scopes are detailed and correctly planned for the TAR execution
- Review the prepared Written Scope or Examination (WSoE).
- Agree the scope of work for each valve e.g. repair of existing or upgrade/replacement.
- Prepare Scopes of Work (SoW) or Engineering Information Transmitalls (EIT) when required.
- Input to the validation of workpacks and ensure they meet event requirements.
- Ensure that Mechanical long lead delivery items are defined, agree specifications and order/procure.
- Provide technical & constructability input from TAR team into Asset Plant Mods & Projects.
- Check & approve TAR isometrics are correct and follow the standards and specifications.
- Review the testing requirements for scopes of work and identify and record any waivers required.
- Ensure all test procedures are updated and available.
- Define quality plans and ensure regular auditing of contractors / suppliers.
- Be educated to HNC/HND level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Fabrication/Construction.
- Have experience in a similar role with TAR’s/Shutdowns.
- Have knowledge of P&ID’s, isometrics and equipment technical specifications.
- Demonstrate disciplined planning and organisation skills together with an ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate logical, proactive and methodical approach to problem solving, the ability to recognise key issues.
- Have a strong commitment to improvement of SHE performance.
You may also:
- Have experience using Maximo or SAP.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 34 days holiday
- Benefits Platform – access to discounts on high street stores etc. Discounted PMI, Travel Insurance etc.
- Up to 20% Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Scottish Widows Contributory Pension including employer contributions
- Free On-site Gym & Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Salary Sacrifice Car and Cycle to Work Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk
Pre-screen (If applicable)
Applicants with a successful CV may be invited to an online MS Teams or telephone call to further discuss the role, the organisation and your suitability.
Successful applicants will then be invited to interview which will consist of behavioural and technical questions.
If you are selected as the preferred candidate you will receive a conditional offer which will be subject to pre-employment checks.