Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants on the south shore of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for managing the maintenance area and maintenance activities in a 24/7 chemical plant to achieve optimum results by driving improvements in safety, environmental, quality, cost and reliability. The Mechanical Supervisor leads a group of maintenance mechanics controlling and directing their activities through coaching, feedback and confirming assignments are completed safely, effectively and efficiently. This is a salaried, exempt, day shift position. It is designated as a Safety Critical role.
Mechanical Supervisor Accountabilities
- The Mechanical Supervisor provides continuous oversight of execution of maintenance work, communicating any deviations to work schedules, insuring any noted improvements to the execution process are clearly communicated and necessary closure and reliability data is promptly input for each job.
- Controls and directs mechanics activities coordinating with the Operations Department, Planner/Scheduler, Maintenance Supervision, and other personnel as appropriate. Maintain on going communications with the above parties concerning job status, problems that may arise, and recommended solutions.
- In coordination with Mechanical and I&E Supervisors, Production Supervisors, Production and Maintenance Coordinators and Maintenance Planners, the Mechanical Supervisor ensures maintenance plans and work orders are completed as intended and based on priorities in the most efficient manner.
- Manages the performance and development of maintenance mechanic personnel through on going feedback, annual performance reviews, coaching, counselling, and recognition.
- Will supervise chlorinator rebuild crew, mechanical and I&E. Collaborate with Chlorinator Turnaround Coordinator to ensure timely completion of the chlorinator rebuild process.
- Capable for working day shift, coverage and off-hour coverage as necessary. Will act as maintenance relief supervisor.
- Must adhere to the INEOS Pigments Process Safety & Behavioral Principles and Life Saving Rules.
- Required HS diploma or equivalent. Preferred Associates Degree in engineering desired or equivalent study.
- Minimum requirement of a least 5 years of experience supervising industrial mechanics. Experience supervising mechanics in a Union environment is a plus.
- Minimum five years’ experience in manufacturing is required, chemical manufacturing experience is preferred. Knowledge of the maintenance requirements of chemical processing plant units; ability to apply this in developing maintenance processes, procedures and systems to achieve prescribed process safety, health, environmental, reliability and product quality standards.
- Experience in a leadership role developing and demonstrating leadership competencies is required.
- Understanding and experience with maintaining mechanical pump and piping systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical drives, valves, and components used in industrial environments is required.
- Experience with business applications, Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, etc. Experience with SAP or similar CMMS system is preferred.
INEOS Pigments USA, Inc. - Ashtabula Complex located in Ashtabula, OH consists of two facilities – Plant 1 and Plant 2 – that safely and efficiently produces titanium dioxide pigment (TiO₂) and titanium chemicals products. The company is one of the largest producers of TiO₂, a bright white powder made from titanium ore. Titanium dioxide is a unique material delivering an unparalleled refractive index value, making it ideal for applications where opacity is required. TiO₂ makes possible opacity, brightness and durability in a variety of end uses like coatings, plastics and paper.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Important Note: INEOS Pigments is requiring individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to employment, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission and approval of an exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.