Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder participates in a wide variety of analytical activities in a busy industrial laboratory to provide an analytical service to Runcorn Site so that business Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) and manufacturing requirements are met.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Collect and analyse routine samples, mainly under supervision, following procedures and methods laid out in the Company Quality Systems.
- Record data electronically and issue reports within the time scales and to the standard agreed.
- Check any abnormal results and, if confirmed, report to line management so that rapid corrective action can be taken.
- Analyse unscheduled or non-routine samples under supervision, using prescribed or modified methods, to help resolve production or environmental issues.
- Carry out prescribed basic maintenance and calibration on analytical instruments to an agreed schedule to ensure valid analytical data is produced.
Key skills & experience:
- You will have, or be studying towards, a degree in chemistry with experience in a research laboratory.
- Ideal candidates should be on track to achieve at least a 2:1.
- Candidates should have strong communication skills and be able to work well in a team.
- You will have experience of practical laboratory work and be familiar with general laboratory safety, demonstrating a safe and conscientious approach to your experimental work.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies