Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Grade 30 – 31 Nonexempt commensurate with experience
Organizational context and job purpose
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, and Polyethylene Pipe. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), Carson (Carson, CA), and several WL Plastic division plants, with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has ~ 1,900 employees, 1,100 contractors, and annual revenue of over $5 billion. The O&P USA business purchases significant quantities of Natural Gas Liquid feeds, naphtha, and energy commodities for the production of the above-mentioned product lines.
How the Role Fits In:
Duties include but not limited to analyzing usage reports, optimize stock and consignment levels balancing the need to maintain safety stock of key materials while meeting working capital targets, review and analyze the SAP Materials Availability report for logistical requirements and procurement to ensure internal customers have the appropriate materials when required, fully utilize blanket contract Suppliers unless the preferred Suppliers cannot meet delivery requirements, expedite orders, collaborate with Accounts Payable team to resolve invoice discrepancies, provide logistics for all required materials and coordinate with Import Compliance team for all international orders purchased through the storehouse.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
The Storehouse Coordinator/Buyer II position is responsible for the analysis of inventory/stock, the planning and scheduling of maintenance and operational material requirements in regards to the working capital stock and ultimately the procurement of stock and/or consignment materials within the Storehouse.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Accountability 1: Planning and Scheduling Materials
- Communicate with Maintenance and Operations on material needs, including immediate short range and long range requirements.
- Evaluate, plan, and implement material requirements for Turn-Arounds, Post Unit Upsets, and Pre-Hurricane Situations.
- Determine appropriate timing on ordering to avoid overstock and/or excessive spend of Working Capital funds.
- Search for alternative materials when materials unavailable, obsolete, long lead times, etc….
- Identify materials that require expediting to the Site.
- Communicate with all parties including Suppliers on expediting request.
Accountability 2: Procurement Buyer for Storehouse utilizing SAP
- Coordinate procurement of stock and consignment material in Purchasing Group 140 (Storehouse).
- Identify suitable replacements for OEM materials and manufactured obsolete materials.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are generated to appropriate Suppliers and/or Vendors of Services.
- Ensure accuracy of material descriptions, quantities, pricing, terms & conditions are met with each Purchase Order.
- Process repairable material Purchase Orders in a timely manner.
- Analyze “ZWROP009” Material Availability Report
- Ensure safety stock levels are adequate considering changes in global supply chain and planned outages/TARs that may increase demand. Make recommendations to adjust stock.
- Ensure Suppliers meet their requirements.
- Identify orders from international vendors, negotiate most favorable INCOTERMS and coordinate with Import Compliance team to ensure smooth delivery of goods.
- Maintain and ensure adequate Hurricane Preparedness supplies before and during Hurricane Season.
Accountability 3: Customer Satisfaction
- Become “Point of Contact” for Maintenance and Operations on expedited requirements or needs.
- Work directly with the Planning and Scheduling Department, ensuring materials are on site so that work gets planned and repairs made timely and economically.
- Analyze and reduce the “Back Log Purchase Order Report.”
- Assist with GR/IR Imbalance Reports, reducing Company financial liabilities.
- Review WorkCycle report weekly and collaborate with Accounts Payable to resolve storehouse vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Attend all required meetings; provide positive recommendations or solutions based on experience/expertise.
Accountability 4: Continuous Improvement
- Make recommendations for the generation of cost savings and inventory reductions.
- Make recommendations for the identification and implementation (through planning) ways to better integrate materials management with Planning and Scheduling.
- Make recommendations for the identification and elimination of chronic issues impacting Storehouse and Maintenance efficiency.
- Implement best practices in Storehouse operations that allow for optimal site reliability yet drives out unnecessary inventory thus reducing working capital
- Make recommendations to positively impact Planning and Scheduling.
- Document all cost savings, cost avoidances, and working capital reductions.
Accountability 5: Other Assigned Duties
- Provide Leadership within the Storehouse - assume the role with the responsibilities and accountabilities of the Storehouse Superintendent as required throughout the year.
- Be a Safety Leader: Input BSP’s, facilitate safety meetings, enter Near Miss Incidents into Tractions, completing all required VTA Training, participating with BSP Observations, and completing assigned Safety and Housekeeping Audits.
- Assist in the compliance of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of education & Experience in general
- High School diploma, college education or trade school preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years hands on experience with SAP
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in material handling/material expertise.
- Minimum of 10+ years working knowledge or warehouse experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years negotiating with Suppliers and Vendors.
- Prior experience in a Petrochemical Manufacturing Facility is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Planning of Materials and Scheduling of events/procedures.
- Knowledge of Plant specifications for materials.
- Ability to read blue prints and specification drawings.
- Strong organizational, analytical, accounting and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and take the initiative to manage tasks independently.
- Understanding of Global Supply Chain and potential impacts to our vendors source of supply.
- Familiarity with import compliance and INCOTERMS.
- Knowledge of INEOS's organization and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with individuals inside and outside the company
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to judge and prioritize workload.
- The ability to function effectively on cross-functional teams and have competency in the following key areas:
- Effective Communications Skills.
- Problem Solving and Judgment.
- Dependability and Accuracy in performing job tasks.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with MS Office programs.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.