Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Company: INEOS Aromatics
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death, and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Sr. SAP Support Analyst - SD
The goal of this role is to provide direct support, development, and maintenance in SD and related modules of the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ECC) and related systems
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Accountability Section 1:
- Provide functional and configuration expertise in support of SAP ERP and related applications suite in the SAP SD Module.
- Tests and implements bug-fixes and enhancements (including new processes and changes to existing ones) requested by the business in SAP
- Establish relevant Super User networks within the business, while working closely with other Super User networks, as needed to ensure strong coordination of initiatives.
- Leverages the capability and knowledge of Super Users to recommend and develop value creating ERP and related applications solutions, as well as to assist change management.
- Provide Business Analysis support to the business
- Deliver Systems Services, Enhancements and Projects through pro-active collaboration with Aromatics Functions, 3rd parties and other IT Functions, to ensure the on-going system integrity and stability, enabling the Business to operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Supports the analysis of project proposals; identifies potential problem areas, and recommends optimum approaches for project path, utilizing specific area of technical expertise.
- Performs access Controls and security reviews.
- Project manage the delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost.
- Act as backup for other SAP Functional areas as required.
Accountability Section 2:
- The post-holder demonstrates a desire to identify and address root causes.
- The employee Influences the establishment of new procedures within their function to optimize performance.
- Supports developing and sharing of best practices within the local organization.
- The individual determines priorities and may deviate from established procedures as long as objectives are met. No direct monitoring of the job.
Accountability Section 3:
- Work with the expert’s functional community and other process areas to investigate and resolve business process and data issues.
- Assists users with tools and support to allow them to effectively and accurately manage and retrieve their data.
- Daily, monitor issues logged by the users, implementing the solutions identified and following up to closure to achieve user satisfaction.
- Actively supports developing and sharing of best practices within the broader organization.
- Generates new ideas and stimulates others for innovation.
- Has the additional responsibility of procedure and guideline development.
- Networks with peers in other organizations supporting other ERP systems in a effort to gain knowledge and skills needed to improve the Aromatics ERP system.
Accountability Section 4:
- Works closely with and provides guidance and support to 3rd party support vendors.
- Ensures reporting and Management information requirements are being met by the appropriate systems, through a process of user education and report development.
- Works with the SAP Support Manager to identify ways to minimize ERP and related applications support costs, while ensuring operational integrity.
- Participates in System Cycle and Integration testing.
- Act as backup for other SAP Functional areas as required.
Accountability Section 5:
- Regular monitoring of users’ issues raised, implementing the solutions identified and follow up to closure to achieve user satisfaction.
- Assists with IT user training development and delivery.
- Multi-regional teams both internal and from external service providers need to be effectively managed to delivery service levels.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelors degree in technical field with 3 to 4 years experience in SAP SD or minimum 10 years experience with SAP SD.
- Knowledge of additional SAP modules is a plus.
- Successful full life-cycle implementations of SAP preferred.
- Understands highly complex technical aspects of role and performs work without supervision
- Robust knowledge of Business Processes and understanding of integration requirements with other SAP modules
- Demonstrated problem solver, so is a primary resource to help improve performance.
- Experience in working with, and/or supporting SAP and related applications systems with a good understanding of the configuration and technical aspects of the relevant SAP module.
- Experience with implementation of new SAP functionality
- Able to diagnose and solve technical or process issues, and evaluate impact on business. Able to provide alternative solutions as required.
- Possesses skill of interacting with others across functional boundaries.
- Works on complex assignments requiring interaction with personnel at multiple levels and across functional boundaries.
- Actively seeks input from others. Ability to work with colleagues, users and persons in different disciplines.
- Comfortable with all levels in the local organization.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
- Able to solve complex problems using interpolative thought processes, an orderly approach to decision making, and recognizing similarities in past situations.
- Influences others to gain support, and actively works to implement improvements in issue resolution processes.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.