INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
OrganiZational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. We comprise 36 businesses with 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
INEOS Oligomers and INEOS Nitriles are a diversified global provider of petrochemicals for a wide range of industrial and consumer product markets. Information Technology within these INEOS businesses have a key role to play in delivering computer services to our customers. Our mission is to provide superior support in a growing company using the latest computer technology.
The Sr. IT Security Analyst reports to the IT Manager of the Oligomers & Nitriles businesses. The Sr. IT Security Analyst is the focal point for managing IT security for the global Oligomers and Nitriles businesses. The primary responsibility will be ensuring the security of proprietary information of the organization by providing tactical direction, management, emergency planning, and disaster recovery processes.
This position will ensure that the proper levels of IT security is encompassed across all our Infrastructure areas and support activities. They will work closely with their back-office colleagues to ensure all back-office areas are addressing the necessary IT security components of their service line and they will work with the site IT staff to ensure the proper IT security related activities are addressed in a timely manner.
This position will also work closely with the site Operations Technology group, especially on management of the local site firewall separating the various networks. They will also assist the Operations Technology (OT) group on a best effort basis on support activities closely associated with IT and especially in the cyber security areas including items identified in the INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGN).
- Providing IT security services across the global Oligomers and global Nitriles business.
- Working closely with other Back-Office team members to ensure appropriate IT security measures are in place for each of the functional areas from servers, clients, networks, voice, etc.
- Participate in the INEOS Group IT Security Team representing Oligomers and Nitriles and supporting global activities for the benefit of global INEOS.
- Dealing with diverse cultural and language differences in a minimally structured environment.
- Availability to provide support after normal U.S. business hours for urgent issues
- Ability to balance various support requests and responsibilities with some project work
- Collaborating with colleagues across the various businesses in North America and Europe and to a lesser degree, in Asia.
- Availability to travel to other INEOS locations for occasional meetings as well as for support and project work at INEOS sites. Travel is less than 20%.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
IT Security Accountabilities/Activities (50% to 55% FTE):
- Monitors logical access controls to ensure they are operating effectively, identifies gaps, and implements solutions to close gaps.
- Participates in the development and execution of processes to monitor changes to production are authorized.
- Actively manage the Anti-virus/Anti-malware solution to ensure our IT assets protected across our businesses and sites. This involved working closely with the Group IST as well.
- Evaluates and recommends tools to automate processes and ensure complete and accurate data.
- Act as the IT lead or incident manager for IT security related incidents for Oligomers and Nitriles.
- Develops and executes processes to monitor changes to production file systems to detect unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Participates in the evaluation, development, and implementation of security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
- Create and maintain accurate IT documentation related to, but not limited to, Information Technology compliance efforts and applicable lists (inventory, users, etc.)
- Ensure that the security policies set forth by the organization are adhered to using provided applications and out-of-box tools.
- Perform day-to-day management and administration of the organization's Managed Detection and Response service.
- Supports developing and sharing of best practices within the IT organization.
- Develop and prepare state of compliance and deficiency reporting; establish metrics and report on key performance indicators as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of various IT change management systems, workflows as it relates to approval structures, change types, and roll back procedures.
- Consult with system owners to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Evaluates tools to automate compliance checking and processes.
- Assists in development of plans and executes project plans to meet timelines
- Work directly with users at the site to resolve their IT issues and questions.
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and cost reductions.
- Provide remote assistance to other sites as necessary, especially as it relates to IT Security.
- Provide disruption recovery services to ensure business continuity (i.e. Hurricane planning, etc.)
Member of INEOS Group IT Security Team (IST) (~20% to 25% FTE):
- Represent Oligomers and Nitriles on the Global IT Security Team to ensure our needs are met and to communicate/engage our teams to address group level IT security initiatives.
- Participate in meetings and discussions with other IT colleagues across INEOS.
- Actively work and support the agreed projects coming out the Group IT Security Team.
- Readiness to participate in any global incident that may occur and need assistance form across the Group.
- Keep IT Manager informed of all IT security initiatives and agreed actions.
Marina View Site IT Support (~25% FTE):
- Deliver all client-side IT services for the Oligomers Marina View location including PCs, Printing, Network Connectivity, Voice Services, Printing, etc.
- Problem resolution – effectively prioritizing and responding to requests.
- Provide first level support for services provided by O&P and then engage O&P to address any issues with the shared services like Networking, Voice Services, etc.
- Use helpdesk tool to manage user requests from creation through completion.
- Manage local inventory of PC equipment and peripherals
- Follow defined processes for imaging PCs, installing monthly patches, software installations, etc.
- Ensure all site IT documentation is updated and communicated.
- BS in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience in Information Technology, including 5 years in system security, audit, and/or controls experience
- Microsoft Certifications preferred, equivalent experience considered
- Technical Support with experience dealing directly with the end users
- Experience with remote support tools
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and products
- Good understanding of mobile devices and the management of those is preferred
- Experience with data backup products
- Application Support Experience preferred
- Understands highly complex technical aspects of role and performs work without supervision
- Good understanding of information security standards, frameworks, risk assessment and best practices (ex: ISO2700x, COBIT, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience in auditing all aspects of access and change control processes and procedures
- Detailed understanding of the recent versions of the Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting the local IT environment and relevant hardware & software
- Experience with IT security software and practices including virus / malware detection and removal
- Ability to maintain accurate inventory and keeping policies, procedures, and documentation current
- Experience supporting LANs, Active Directory, etc
- Must take initiative in mastering new skills and to maintain existing one
- Experience with Firewall products
- Basic understanding Linux operating systems
- Experience with data cabling including coper & fiber
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones
- Demonstrates continuous learning and willingness to share knowledge with others
- Brings a positive attitude in the work environment
- Focuses on satisfying customer requirements
- Implements new and useful concepts effectively
- Anticipates problems and adjusts accordingly
- Actively seeks input from others and works with colleagues from different disciplines
- Able to solve complex problems using interpolative thought processes, an orderly approach to decision making, and recognizing similarities in past situations
- Influences others to gain support, and actively works to implement improvements in issue resolution processes
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application