Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder provides analytical services to the INOVYN manufacturing assets at Runcorn Site in support of the production, commercial and SHE requirements of the business.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Define and deliver a variety of safe and reliable process, product and environmental analytical investigations.
- Critically assess measurements undertaken in the laboratory, or on the plant, and take action to address anomalies to ensure business decisions are based on robust data.
- Develop, trial, and validate new analytical methods to resolve problems and improve the overall technical capability of the business.
- Develop and sustain analytical science knowledge and use this knowledge to advise SHE, production and commercial managers.
- Supervise the day-to-day work of trainee analysts and students to safely meet current analysis requirements.
Key skills & experience required:
HND in chemistry with at least ten years of practical experience, or a chemistry degree/MSc in Analytical Chemistry with 5 years of experience.
Technical awareness of chlorvinyls production processes.
Specific experience and in-depth knowledge of at least one production or technical area.
Working knowledge of a wide range of analytical chemistry techniques appropriate to INOVYN, with expertise in at least one.
Good interpersonal/communication skills.
Project management experience.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application