INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
Headquartered in League City, TX, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA is one of the largest producers of Olefins and Polyolefins in North America. Ineos produces high-density polyethylene and polypropylene from one of its manufacturing locations at Battleground Manufacturing Complex.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Overall O&P USA has ~ 1,200 employees, 1,400 contractors, and annual revenue of over $3 billion.
How the Role Fits in:
The Site Logistics Analyst reports to the Site Logistics Team Lead at the Battleground Manufacturing Complex. The Site Logistics team is based at the manufacturing site and is part of the INEOS O&P Supply Chain team based at the League City (Marina View office). This role supports polypropylene and polyethylene railcar shipping out of the BMC Manufacturing Site.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
In addition to supporting railcar shipping out of the Battleground Manufacturing Site, this role also provides support for organizing the safe and timely movement of railcars, for controlling the number and placement of railcars on the property, and for communicating with the contract switching service provider on site.
Occasional overtime and/or weekend work may be required
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Validate data and prepare daily railcar status reports
- Support organization of onsite railcar movements
- Troubleshoot rail movement and car location problems.
- Work with IT resources to support electronic tracking & reporting systems
- Coordinate with carriers and document orders and deliveries in SAP for scrap customers
- Coordinate deliveries & shipments from the site warehouses for samples, including HAZMAT materials.
- Monitor and troubleshoot inventory transactions between systems (iLog, SAP, Rail Manager)
- Maintain and update railcar seal information.
- Audit and reconcile inventory for end of month closing.
- Coordinate with logistics rail contractor for daily outbound shipment of hopper cars.
- Work with logistics rail contractor for collection of samples for retesting or shipping
- Review and troubleshoot railcar weighing and scale testing data on site.
- Coordinate annually with Finance for external audit of product inventory.
- Identify and implement shipping process improvements.
- Report and analyze key metrics for site logistics
- Interface on operations with customer service, shipping, manufacturing, and external carriers.
- Coordinate with Customer Service and the Laboratory for sample shipments.
- Support audit and reconciliation of inventory for end of month closing
- Coordinate receipt and shipments of goods/samples (including HAZMAT) as required.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills required
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience in shipping preferred
- Experience working with rail tracking systems preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to adapt well in a changing business environment and respond quickly to deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Customer focused, works effectively as a team member
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel
ADA physical requirements, VISUAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS, AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The duties of this job requires the employee to remain at a desk (sitting or standing desk) and perform tasks requiring repetitive fine manipulation of hands and fingers. The employee must occasionally walk and stand. Exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to reach for, grasp, and move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application