YOUR JOB AT INEOS STYROLUTION
As site buyer you manage the demands for the Antwerp site and the Benelux legal entities in order to ensure supply security by leading, managing, and controlling the procurement activities including the operational procurement process. You report to the Head of Technical Materials & Services in EMEA, and leads the Junior Site Buyer and other site related procurement roles, as necessary.
You identify opportunities to optimize total cost of supply, maximize cost savings/avoidance, improve SHE conditions, and mitigate overall risk for the company.
You can manage multiple tasks at one time while developing best practice initiatives for the organization.
The main results expected from the job:
Procurement management and governance:
- Develop, implement and follow up of procurement processes
- Define and implement procurement best practices and standards
- Implement procurement guidelines
- Maintain and further improve of S2S and P2P processes.
- Create synergies within procurement
- Challenge demand and critically review requisitions, technical specifications and scope.
- Solicit tenders and follow up on bid proposals
- Analyze quotations, prices and commercial conditions (TCOs) and set-up a commercial bid comparison. Coordinate the bid evaluation process with other disciplines.
- Lead negotiations to secure best commercial terms in accordance with the technical specifications and requirements to ensure best value.
- Present sourcing strategies and award recommendations to upper management.
- Develop and execute action plans to optimize stock levels in coordination with technical departments and supply warehouse.
- Ensure on time stock replenishment without any shortage to secure supply and business continuity.
Supplier and Contractor management:
- Market screening for new and potential suppliers and contractors
- Audit and selection of suppliers and contractors
- Set up and manage a pool of preferred suppliers and contractors
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance.
- Analyze supplier risk and implement mitigation measures
- Implement supplier excellence approach incl. segment suppliers and define treatment strategies for strategic and key suppliers
- Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal) strategies.
- Lead the contractor qualification process and coordinate HSE evaluation.
- Negotiate and administer frame agreements and contracts.
- Procurement lead of Capex projects in cooperation with different project teams and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Resolve complaints and determine corrective actions in case of defective materials or unacceptable performance.
- Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional and local outline agreements
- Contract negotiation and legal implementation of high-level contracting
Level of education & Knowledge:
- Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent degree in relevant subjects
Experience in general:
- 5-10 years of professional experience in a similar position as Procurement Leader or Lead Buyer for technical procurement
- Experience in an international industry environment preferably Oil and Gas or Chemical industry
Competencies, Behavioral skills:
- You interact openly and honestly with others across the organization and externally
- You are a strong team player and you have the ability to take initiatives
- Ability to manage conflicts
- You have the ability to manage site related (CapEx) projects and contracts
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in Technical Procurement incl. Procurement techniques, methods, processes and strategies
- You have a good knowledge of (engineered) equipment, materials and services
- Strong skills in contract management, contracting law and legal aspects
- Relevant market knowledge
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent business and commercial sense
- Good skills in using tools like SAP MM, MS Office
- You can speak fluent Dutch and English
Do you feel the right chemistry? Then apply quickly. We are happy to take the time to thoroughly review your candidacy. Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application