A. Purpose /Role of the job /: Supervise all plant processes in coordination with Production Manager for safe and smooth running of manufacturing operations. Take care of safety, product quality, housekeeping and asset care. Troubleshooting in day to day operation for smooth run of the production. Support DCS operator and coordinate with Field Operators and Maintenance technicians. Improve on Raw material consumption, yield and reduction of off spec/off grade production.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job.
Compliance to INEOS Styrolution ‘SHE guidelines’.
Compliance to Quality standard ISO 9001 and Environment Management System (ISO 14001).
Compliance of Energy standard ISO 50001 for efficient use of energy.
Inter-site and company best practices transfer.
To follow production sequence in Production lines to meet the production plan.
Supply of Utilities may be disrupted by external supplies: Electricity, Natural Gas, Water, etc.
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job
- Key Result Areas: Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines, Compliance with local regulations.
- Participate on regular safety training at site:
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment, etc.
- Active support to the safety culture at site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Understand and follow annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- Work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Contribute to Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Participate on training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting.
- Support Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- Be conscious that all incidents including Near Miss at site must be reported, investigated and action items must be tracked to closure.
- Active use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items from audit, plant walkthroughs.
- Support the Asset Manager, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program
- Take responsibility for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Follow site procedures aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for
- Following and practicing INEOS 20 principles of Behavior Safety and Process Safety at site through site rules and procedures
- Following and practicing Life Saving Rules at site
- Safety of other Employees, Contractors, Visitors and partners at site
- Following Permit to Work as per the site procedure
- Following Management of Change (MOC) as per the site procedure.
- Responsible for
- Participating in HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Tracking action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Work in compliance with all legal regulations.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Participate on the INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
- Stop work whenever there is an unsafe condition and immediately inform the Head of Department and /or SHE manager at site.
- Directly intervene with those in your working area not using PPE or not following INEOS Styrolution standards and procedures.
- Maintain the respective workplace in order and clean, as per best practices of housekeeping.
Outcome: Zero incident/accident in the plant with sustainable and safe operation.
- Key Result Areas: Plant operation
- Supervise and monitor all operational activities during respective shift as per process control parameters and safely produce material in specification as per the Production Planning Schedule.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines and SOPs are followed during plant operation.
- Monitor safe unloading of raw materials as per SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Monitoring and safe loading of finished goods tankers.
Prime production with desired quality, raw material & energy saving.
- Key Result Areas: Startup / Shutdown
- Follow all Safety Guidelines, SOPs and work permits with special attention to LOTO (Lock out Tag out) and work procedures during startups and shutdowns.
- Monitor temperature and pressure of storage tanks during shutdown period.
- Support Maintenance and Projects activities in plant.
Provide safe and smooth startup/shutdown, monitoring & minimizing off-grade/off-spec generation and zero incidents.
- Key Result Areas: Troubleshooting and coordination with other departments
- Analyze process conditions and Lab results to identify variations of fluctuations which could lead to abnormal operations, unsafe conditions or adversely affect product quality – notifying Production manager immediately of major potential issues.
- Investigation and identification of the root cause of problems related to safety performance and quality of the product.
- Support Project and Maintenance departments (Instrumentation, Electrical and Mechanical) during breakdowns & shutdowns.
Reduction of off grade/off-spec generation. Reduction of downtime of plant equipment, Improved product consistency.
- Key Result Areas: Maintain records
- Maintain ISO documents, preparation of daily shift report, production report, consumption reports, online production SAP entry, incidents, MOC update in KMS system.
- Review results and entries of data on reports to identify trends or abnormalities when they occur.
Production data recorded properly to maintain history of the operating conditions and parameters. Data can be used immediately to identify issues and in the future to identify trending issues in the plant and/or quality complains investigations. Data is a quality record for ISO audits.
- Key Result Areas: Communication
- Perform clear communication when given operational instructions to DCS and Field Operators and during troubleshooting of problems. Communicate properly with Plant Manager, HODs – Head of Departments, Operators and employees of other departments (Mechanical, Utilities, Electrical, Instrumentation, HR, Security, SHE, Stores & Warehouse, Quality) to eliminate misunderstanding/confusion and improve response to issues.
Improve quality of communication for intended implementation of plans and investigations.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects…)
Number or amount in €
5 SAN reactors
SAN packing per day
Packing – 150 MT, Tankers – 120 MT
Chilling plant – (200 TR * 3), Thermic fluid heater – (10 lac Kcal/hr. * 4), Boiler – (1 * 2t/hr.)
Raw Material storage area per day
Styrene tanker – 12 and Acrylonitrile tanker - 5
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
Direct (Per shift)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
Coordination of Production activities
Execution of Production activities
Execution of Production activities
Execution of Production & Maintenance activities
As and when required in shift
SHE compliance & Safe operation of plant
Maintenance for reliable operation of plant
Quality of product
As and when audit at site.
ISO Norms compliance
Third party contractor service
As per schedule
Maintenance for reliable operation of plant
Project Engineers (CapEx projects)
Project activity at site.
Project activities at site
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- B.E.Chemical / B.Sc. chemistry
- Hindi, Gujarati
- English (Desired)
Experience in general:
- 7 to 8 years of Shift Leader experience of chemical plant operation
- 2 to 3 years of DCS operation experience of chemical plant operation.
- 2 to 3 years of experience of handling of SAP system.
- Safety awareness and continually reminds employees and contract worker to work safely using proper procedures when performing all tasks at shop floor.
- Production planning and to achieve the production target as per quality parameters & Standard operating procedures with safe and efficient operation.
- Knowledge of polymerization process and utilities operations.
- Planning and supervision of shift activities in coordination with the other departments (Mechanical, Instrument, Electrical, QC/QA, Store, Utility, WWTP, Dispatch, HR, EHS, Project & Contract).
- Troubleshooting in shift activities at DCS and Shop floor.
- Shutdown and startup activities planning and follow up with Maintenance/Project team to shut down/prepare the equipment for maintenance work and return it back to operating condition.
- To ensure follow of the safe working procedures for handling chemicals.
- To ensure optimum utilization of skilled and unskilled manpower and Enabled proper utilization of resources, reducing wastage.
- Compliance to the work permits.
- Able to do Risk Assessment (JSA), HAZOP, Incident Investigation.
- Having working experience with ERP based system SAP.
- Able to operate software like KMS.
- Able to do ISO documentation work.
- Able to monitor, tracking and analysis of process parameter.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Team work
- Result oriented and Target achievement.
- Communication skill - verbal & written.
- People management
- Positive attitude towards safety norms and work procedures for self and others.
Legal Training Requirements
- Under the provision (111-A) of the Factories Act 1948, reading with Gujarat Factory Rules 1963 about General Health & Safety, Emergency response, handling of hazardous substance.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to walk up to 8 hours a day.
- Be able to lift up to 25 kg (desirable).
- Be able to work in confined spaces (desirable).
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- Performance KPIs.
- SHE KPIs.
- Asset care audit.
- Down time reduction.
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
If you require further information please contact Ruchi Sharma.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application