IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2020, sales were at 4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
A. Purpose/Role of the job /: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organization’s objectives
To carry out regular checks, break down maintenance, Preventive maintenance (PM), Predictive maintenance (PdM) and shut down maintenance activities as required by the plant operation in order to keep manufacturing process running uninterrupted, ensure smooth operation of the plant and improve reliability of the Assets. Ensure that faulty items removed from the plant and other spares are repaired and tested on time as per instruction of mechanical engineer.
Ensure that all maintenance activities are done in accordance with INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
Compliance to INEOS Styrolution ‘SHE guidelines’.
Compliance to Quality standard ISO 9001 and Environment Management System (ISO 14001).
Regular coordination with Maintenance & production team for required services to the plant.
Compliance to INEOS Styrolution IGGN guidelines.
Compliance of Energy standard ISO 50001 for efficient use of energy.
Inter-site and company best practices transfer.
Support Maintenance departmental needs for appropriate coordination with OEM and Service providers.
Support external party for maintenance, troubleshooting work and other associated jobs.
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job.
- Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines, Compliance with local regulations.
- Participate on regular safety training at site:
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment etc.
- Active support to the safety culture at site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Understand and follow annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- Work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Contribute to Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Participate on training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting.
- Support Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- Be conscious that all incidents including Near Miss at site must be reported, investigated and action items must be tracked to closure.
- Active use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items from audit, plant walkthroughs.
- Support the Asset Manager, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program
- Take responsibility for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Follow site procedures aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for
- Following and practicing INEOS 20 principles of Behavior Safety and Process Safety at site through site rules and procedures
- Following and practicing Life Saving Rules at site
- Safety of other Employees, Contractors, Visitors and partners at site
- Following Permit to Work as per the site procedure
- Following Management of Change (MOC) as per the site procedure.
- Responsible for
- Participating in HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Tracking action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Work in compliance with all legal regulations.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Participation in monthly safety training and safety programs.
- Adopting new guideline related to safety and housekeeping.
- Participate on the INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
- Stop work whenever there is an unsafe condition and immediately inform the Shift Leader and/or Head of Department.
- Directly intervene with those in your working area not using PPE or not following INEOS Styrolution standards and procedures.
- Maintain the respective workplace in order and clean, as per best practices of housekeeping.
Outcome: Zero incident/accident in the plant with sustainable and safe operation.
- Key Result Areas: Execution of Maintenance & Repair activities in all areas of the Plant
- Repairing and maintenance of all types of equipment in plant, workshop and as instructed by the mechanical engineer.
- Repairing of all Static & Rotary equipment such as pumps, agitators, fans, Gearboxes and others in plant or workshop.
- Repairing of pipelines/fittings//valves by flange gasket replacement and other non-fabrication jobs.
- Tanker connect and disconnect.
- Erection and commissioning of equipment, leveling and alignment as per instruction.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from trucks and in plant.
- Assisting Instrument dept. in fitting and removal of Valves.
- Assisting Elect dept. in shifting and loading unloading of heavy motors
- Lubrication of equipment in plant as per schedule and requirement.
- Shifting oil drums, NH3 bottles, oxy acy, N2 bottles to the required places.
- De-chocking of lines, die and cone etc with oxy acy gas or by burning in pit.
- Bringing all unwanted material from plant after completion of work.
- Dumping of used cotton waste, cut gaskets, pipe and fittings and nut bolts in designated bins or scrap area.
- Proper tagging and stacking of repaired equipment with testing.
- De scaling of plant equipment as and when required.
- Support for rigger work.
- All types and size of mechanical seal lapping.
- Execute Preventive and predictive maintenance of all equipment as per the schedule and Task lists in SAP.
- Ensure that Task list for PM/PdM/AMC are thoroughly followed strictly during maintenance.
- Regular checks and maintenance of plant equipment of production area such as Base rubber, Graft, coagulation, compounding plant, BD storage area, DM plant, Refrigeration plant, filtration plant, Steam Boilers, cooling tower, WWTP and execute measures for reliability improvement.
- Proper upkeep of updated documentation such as P&IDs, operation & service manuals, GA drawings, Piping drawings, stress analysis, fabrication drawings and SOPs/SMPs etc.
- Ensure latest documentation/P&ID sets are available in designated areas and in good condition
- Ensure process safety inspection plan is executed in the plant as per the schedule.
- Ensure that all standby equipment are always available for operation. Repairs to be done immediately in case of any problem.
- To follow defined SOPs for all work practices.
- Checking of Tools & testing jigs functioning
- To make sure that valid work permit has been taken with all isolations and risk assessment is conducted before start up of any maintenance work in the plant.
- After completion of maintenance work, testing to be done for proper functioning and any leakage or other abnormality and should be attended.
- After finishing maintenance work, all tools & tackles should be shifted to assigned place and housekeeping of the area to be done including mechanical workshop.
- Work carried out is recorded in a logbook.
- Immediate rectification of the problem and communication to the concerned persons.
- Ensure implementation of Asset care program w.r. to work standard, housekeeping, upkeep of equipment etc.
Outcome: Effective maintenance in place for smooth operation.
3. Key Result Areas: Normal operation / Startup / Shutdown of Plant
- Follow all SHE guidelines and work procedures during maintenance, startups and shutdown of equipment in consultation with production/maintenance department.
- Ensure safe practices are followed during startup and shut down of equipment according to OEM recommendation and production requirement.
- Ensure Plant equipment are maintained within norms and take corrective measures in case of deviations.
- For shutdown proper execution should be followed with Time chart for the stop/start activity, spares requirement and other resources required.
Outcome: Perform safe and smooth operation of the plant / startup / shutdown
4. Key Result Areas: Execution of Maintenance and Spares upkeep through SAP
- Maintain spares for its requirement during preventive maintenance, breakdown and day to day routine maintenance work.
- To follow PM plan and execute maintenance work through SAP-PM module.
- Follow and suggest updating maintenance Task list in SAP for PM of each equipment and AMC activities.
- Execution of Predictive Maintenance (PdM) plan for the Plant/Utility equipment.
- Take corrective action for the abnormality shown in the vibration monitoring, Oil testing, thickness testing reports and arrange re-inspection for verification.
- Regular checks & follow up for minimum required inventory of critical spares as per the defined list thru SAP and plant requirement.
- Spares available in stores and in department should be checked and tested in advance and kept as ready to use to reduce equipment downtime for maintenance.
- Removal of obsolete spares from SAP & physical inventory.
- Shop floor inventory should be monitored on regular basis with status of each item
Outcome: Maintenance through SAP and Reduction in down time with proper planning of spares
5. Key Result Areas: Monitoring of equipment healthiness.
- Have regular plant round and report for any abnormality observation.
- Support the mechanical engineer in preparation of effective preventive & predictive maintenance schedule and execute the same through SAP in co-ordination with production department.
- Pending PM/PdM to be tracked and completed within tolerance time limit
- Record history for preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenance.
- Support in Root cause analysis of equipment to reduce breakdowns and implement recommended actions.
- Prompt action for attending the breakdown to restore the production.
- Ensure Zero leakages of any Utilities / Lubricants / Pump seals with effective monitoring and fixing plan.
Outcome: Reduction in downtime of equipment.
6. Key Result Areas: ISO and Audit compliances.
- Execute the guidelines and procedures for successful implementation of ISO 9001:2008 QMS & ISO 14001:2004 EMS systems in plant.
- Support in ISO related activities are updated on time to avoid any observation.
- Ensure that corrective actions are executed on suggestion of internal or external auditors on time.
- Compliance of statutory requirement for testing & Inspection of boiler, pressure vessel and lifting tools & tackles on time.
- Support in ISO-50000 activity at the site for implementation of energy management system.
Outcome: Compliance of ISO and Audit observations.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects,)
Number or Amount in US$ / Details
R&M budget expenses
~ 6.7 Cr INR (1007 KUSD)
Rubber: 27 kta ,
Compounding: 14 kta ,
Reverse Osmosis plant
Demineralized water plant
Screw air compressors,
Air dryer unit
900 CFM x 2
360TR x 2, 280 TR x 2, 64 TR x 2 compressor
BD storage area
Styrene and ACN storage area
Other material area H2SO4,HCl, KOH, NaOH, Acetic Anhydride
Each storage tank
Supervision of staff:
Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
To execute Plant
To execute Plant
Production Shift executive
To execute Plant
Operator – Production/Utility
To execute Plant
Mechanical / Instrumentation / Electrical
Maintenance for reliable operation of plant
As per plant requirement
SHE compliance & Safe operation of plant
As per plant requirement
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- ITI in Fitter trade in 1st division from a Govt institute.
- Hindi and Gujarati, English (desired).
Experience in general:
- 8~10 years of experience in maintenance of Plant and Utility equipment in a polymer or petrochemical industry.
- Awareness about Safety, Work permit system, Risk Assessment and Tool Box talk.
- Knowledge of maintenance of plant equipment like Pumps (centrifugal, Canned,Geared) & blowers, agitators, gear boxes, mechanical seals, Pelletizers, Base rubber plant, Graft , coagulation , compounding plant/extruders etc.
- Knowledge of maintenance of utility equipment like Boiler, Refrigeration plant, Cooling tower, Air compressor, Pumps & blowers, gear boxes, WWTP etc
- Knowledge of statutory requirement applicable for plant equipment such as IBR/Pressure Vessels/Licensing requirement etc.
- Knowledge of Repairs of the following equipment:
- Gear Boxes
- Mechanical seal- Double/single for pumps/Agitators- Flowserve and Eagleburgmann make
- Pumps-centrifugal, canned, geared, Vacuum pumps, Blowers
- Sticthing machines
- Pelletizers, RVBF, Extruder
- Butadiene compressor
- Ammonia compressors, chilling unit
- Knowledge of Piping /Fittings/Valves/Gaskets – Repairs & Maintenance
- Experience of equipment installation/alignment/vibration monitoring and rectifications.
- Ability to understand SOP’s/Task lists/PM plan/P&IDs, GA drawings and Isometric drawings.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Positive attitude towards safety norms, work procedures & alertness for self and others.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Communication skill - verbal & written in Hindi/Gujarati.
- Team player with One team concept and able to work in the team.
- Analytical skill for solving repeated & chronic problems.
Legal Training Requirements
- Under the provision (111-A) of the Factories Act 1948, reading with Gujarat Factory Rules 1963 about General Health & Safety, Emergency response, handling of hazardous substance
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking/standing up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift upto 25 kg of weight
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Willing to work in shifts as and when required.
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- SHE KPIs
- Asset Care program- Compliance of all standards in plant
- Reliability of Utility & Plant equipment.
- Compliance of INEOS Styrolution SHE Standards for direct workers and contractors on site.
- Compliance of all legal requirements and IGGNs on time.
- PM/PdM compliance
- Maintenance cost
- Execution of RCA recommendations
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
If you require further information please contact Ruchi Sharma.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application