Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including: health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Senior Wastewater Treatment Engineer
The role of the Senior Wastewater Treatment Engineer is to act as subject matter expert on Aromatics wastewater treatment processes and provide input to existing assets and strategic growth projects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
(1) Act as subject matter expert on Wastewater treatment and provide technology related input for strategic growth and site-level projects.
- Provide Wastewater Process Design and technical support to business development globally, especially during the Front-End Loading (FEL) stages of major capital projects in support of the INEOS Aromatics business growth agenda.
- Serve as Technology SPA on Outside Battery Limits (OSBL) process engineering matters for site level and strategic growth projects. The activities may include:
- Process engineering input to delivery of the wastewater treatment aspects of the Basis of Design which includes process description, process data sheets, PFDs, conceptual design packages, P&IDs, equipment list, Utility summary, Cat & Chem summary, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), operating manual, etc.
- Response to Technical Queries
- Review P&IDs for detailed design (issued for HAZOP)
- Review Plot Plan, Elevation Drawings & 3D Model
- Process Training
- SOP review
- Commissioning Support
- Start-Up Support
- Share lessons learned from project activities with other INEOS Aromatics plants as applicable.
- Coordinate with commercial manager regarding on going License wastewater treatment activities, payments, guarantees, warranties etc.
- Manage Compliance with International Trade and Export Control Regulations across the INEOS Aromatics (together with site SPAs) and in the implementation of waste-water treatment-related capital projects.
(2) Mentor and provide discipline coaching and support to Manufacturing sites on the Wastewater processes, especially Anaerobic Reactors, and Fixed Film reactors. Share best practices and incident learnings.
(3) Develop networks with other Wastewater treatment experts within INEOS and with wider industry.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering.
- 10 plus years’ experience working in a manufacturing facility and with Anaerobic and Aerobic chemical wastewater systems.
- Deep expertise in process design and operation of aerobic and anaerobic chemical wastewater treatment processes.
- Permitting, reporting, and regulatory relationship management.
- Strong business sense, commercial acumen, and experience of working with relevant vendors/consultants.
- Ability to manage work priorities to deliver safe, compliant, reliable, competitive operating performance in a demanding work environment.
- People management skills (leadership, mentoring, networking, and influencing).
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Ability to communicate technical matters (upward, lateral, and downward) and build strong collaborative work relationships with all levels of the business.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.