INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 17 businesses, each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 75 manufacturing facilities in 24 countries throughout the world.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LaPorte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX. Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) has one polypropylene unit and seven polyethylene units.
How the Role Fits in:
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is one of the largest integrated producers of polyolefins in North America. With manufacturing locations near Houston, Texas, and Los Angeles, California it is a merchant marketer of ethylene, polypropylene, high-density polyethylene, and butadiene with annual revenue of over $4Bn. The strategic goals of INEOS O&P USA are to conceive, build, improve, and maintain highly competitive assets for the production of olefins, polypropylene, and high-density polyethylene in the Americas and produce value-added polyolefin resins for use in consumer-industrial, automotive, and packaging applications.
This position is in the Technical Service and Development Organization at the Battleground Manufacturing Complex. Technical Service Engineers support annual sales of nearly five billion pounds of polyethylene and polypropylene, used to produce molded containers, pipe, film, tapes, fibers, packaging and various other plastic products. INEOS expects technical-service professionals to be able to combine business acumen with an understanding of customer needs and requirements to achieve business goals.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
Technical Service Engineers (TSEs) are responsible for developing and managing a multitude of technical account relationships in support of maintaining and growing market share. They resolve a range of technical issues, working independently and often under time constraints, proactively developing customer relationships. INEOS is seeking a strong individual to work in its Technical Services team to support various polypropylene and polyethylene product applications.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Work closely with various functional areas (analytical, product development, commercial development, manufacturing, logistics, customer service, business management and sales) to resolve customer issues, while minimizing commercial exposure.
- Demonstrate technical leadership via managing a portfolio of accounts, technical service, and product development responsibilities.
- Work directly with customers to introduce new products, drive product improvements and address customer field problems.
- Provide timely and quality technical support to INEOS customers and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Support market-segment teams with technical expertise to achieve O&P USA’s strategic imperatives.
- Identify new applications, new markets, and assist new product development to increase profitable market share.
- Provide technical presentations to customers, at industry trade shows, etc.
- Participate in industry meetings to represent company interests and guide product development.
- Actively participate in safety programs and promote safe practices and behaviors.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- B.S. or higher in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or the equivalent.
- A material-science, polymer-fabrication or process-chemistry background.
- 10+ years of experience in polymer Technical Service or a directly related field is highly preferred, 5+ years of experience required.
- Leadership experience or active participation in polymer industry associations.
- Strong basic engineering skills with knowledge of polymer production and processing techniques and good understanding of polymer structure/property relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to deal with complex data.
- A demonstrated ability to be innovative and to apply technical skills to improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and increase production.
- A proven record of accomplishment in problem solving, decision making, exceeding objectives and delivering results.
- Six Sigma knowledge is a plus, with preference given to Green Belt or higher candidates.
- Customer oriented – champion of voice-of-the-customer.
- Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills – able to work with other departments (flexibility).
- Positive attitude - open to challenges and new ideas.
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentations. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse and non-technical disciplines.
- Self-starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively work on multiple tasks and prioritize work.
This job requires up to 25% travel to customers and industry meetings.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application