ABOUT INEOS & INEOS KOH
INEOS was founded in 1998 and is the second largest chemical company in the world with 25,000 employees at 184 locations in 31 countries. INEOS KOH is a recently created subsidiary of INEOS following the acquisition of ASHTA Chemicals in Ashtabula, Ohio.
INEOS KOH is a leading producer of potassium-based chemicals in North America and a strategically located producer of chlorine.
When joining INEOS, you will join a large company that offers development opportunities through project and hands-on experience. You will join a federal structure that leaves large autonomy to each business. INEOS values safety, challenges, creativity, ownership, manners, and spirit.
ORGANIZATION, CONTEXT and MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Senior Reliability Engineer for INEOS KOH is responsible for identifying and managing asset reliability risks that can cause a stoppage and delay of plant or business operations. They are responsible for monitoring production losses and high-maintenance cost assets and finding ways to reduce them. Other duties typically include working closely with team engineers to ensure the reliability of new and existing installations, participating in the final inspection of new installations, and providing input to plans aimed at mitigating and managing risks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
To be successful in the Senior Reliability Engineer position, there are key responsibilities and accountabilities that must be met at INEOS KOH standards.
The main accountabilities are:
1. Safety – abides by all of INEOS KOH’s Life Saving Rules, as well as our 20 Principles to prevent incidents and injuries.
2. Mechanical Integrity - Manage the PSM Mechanical Integrity program, which includes the retention
of required maintenance records and evaluation of fitness for service following UT inspections on tanks, heat exchangers, and piping. Reviews compliance of designated PSM preventative maintenance tasks.
3. Preventative Maintenance – Manages the Preventative Maintenance (PM) Program for rotating and electrical equipment as it relates to the mechanical integrity program. Implements and coordinates the utilization of PM technologies such as vibration, oil, infrared, and ultrasound analyses.
4. Reliability Expertise – Provides input to the Project Team regarding ease of maintenance, materials of construction and equipment selection.
5. Team Involvement – Coordinates with Process Engineers in analysing equipment maintenance problems, serving as a technical resource on process-related issues and projects.
6. Information Gathering – Consults with vendors, industry peers, and recognized industry experts to gather information and data to assist in the appropriate resolution of mechanical and process issues.
7. Root Cause Analysis – Leads root cause analysis investigations to improve compliance as needed. Conducts root cause analysis of equipment failures and implements corrective and preventative
8. CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) - Generates reports from CMMS in support of monthly letter input, issue resolution, cost tracking, capital resource allocation, and implementation. Conducts training as assigned in support of overall INEOS KOH goals, including CMMS growth, safety awareness, regulatory compliance, and better workmanship and operation.
KEY SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering.
- Five (5) years or more of applicable experience.
- Prefer experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with various types of rotating/stationary equipment and familiarity with corrosion mechanisms and solutions is preferred.
- Experience extracting and analysing data from a CMMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Strong planning, organization, and follow-through skills.
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills.
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- High ethical standards.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Safety Leadership – Knowledge of the factors that support and drive strong Health & Safety culture and performance; ability and desire to maintain and continuously improve SHE awareness and practice and inspire the same in others.
- Executes for Results – Takes responsibility to meet business objectives and deliver results. Takes ownership of business priorities, actions, and results. Operates with discipline and creates environment for excellence.
Active Decision Making – Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness and strong bias for action.
- Mobilizes Change – Champions change to achieve business results. Energizes the organization and leads others to accept and embrace change. Considers and understands the impact of change.
- People Champion – Develops people capabilities and enables them to grow and flourish. Develops self and others to realize potential. Holds people accountable and fairly manages performance.
- Leads Collaboratively – Actively builds effective working relationships and seeks to create shared purpose among colleagues and team members. Builds effective working relationships, facilities teamwork and promotes sharing of knowledge/expertise across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial Strategic Thinking – Envisions the future and thinks strategically with strong
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and covering letter to Steve Kane at email@example.com