INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Organization: INEOS Olefins and Polymers (O&P) USA is a significant entity as part of the INEOS group of companies. INEOS Group Limited is one of the world’s largest chemicals company with ~$30 billion of sales per annum, 16,000 employees and 68+ sites worldwide.
Business Context: The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
The Main Purpose of the Role: The Project Manager will have accountability for delivery of multiple capital project elements and achieving best-in-class results in safety and capital productivity for those assigned projects. The Project Manager will execute projects consistent with published objectives, guidelines, company principles, and the interests of the project stakeholders. The Project Manager will report to the Manager, Site Capital Projects for CBW. The Project Manager will also interact with contract Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Procurement, Safety Department, Technical Authorities and Construction personnel on day-to-day work assignments.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Responsible for promoting safety leadership through implementation of the INEOS 20 Principles
- Responsible for promoting process safety management in the design and execution of all capital projects
- Accountable for ensuring that the management of change (MOC) process is completed before the start of construction
- Responsible for developing project execution plans to meet the published objectives of each project in the project manager’s portfolio of projects
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with the Capital Project stage-gate execution process and right size project execution strategy based on project size and complexity
- Responsible for communicating status and ensuring alignment with site leadership and stakeholders on project execution as projects progress
- Responsible for developing and managing cross functional project teams consisting of plant personnel, contract engineering and construction to execute the portfolio of projects in accordance with the approved scope of work
- Work with INEOS and contract procurement to develop the procurement strategy and facilitate the vendor selection process as required to meet project execution requirements
- Work with INEOS and Contract quality control personnel to develop applicable quality control plans for shop/field fabrication, factory acceptance tests, and field installation as applicable
- Accountable for the development of equipment specifications, bids, bid tabs, and secure approval from the respective technical authority as applicable
- Serve as the primary contact for project decisions and approvals
- Accountable for the creation, vetting, and justification for full sanction estimates and ensure the estimates are aligned with project objectives and scope
- Accountable for ensuring the technical integrity of projects, including compliance with the project scope, job specifications, and promoting recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP)
- Minimize changes, coordinate the preparation of Scope Change Orders as required, and facilitate approval/implementation of scope changes as applicable
- Accountable for controlling project cost by ensuring that engineering design and purchased materials and equipment are aligned with the project scope, specifications, and estimated cost
- Consults with the Manager – Site Capital Projects on items affecting the project budget, schedule, project risks, and priority
- Reviews manpower requirements and forecasts for engineering and construction with the Manager – Site Capital Projects and recommend course correction as required
- Responsible for the development of the project execution plan which includes such sections as the engineering execution plan, the SHE plan, the procurement strategy, funding strategy, document control plan, project controls plan, construction execution plan, QA/QC plan, and commissioning plan
- Responsible for review and approval of contract invoices and plant personnel charges to capital projects
- Coordinate with Project Controls for timely and accurate cost data
- Accountable for ensuring PSSR is completed
- Accountable for facilitating project custody transfer/turnover of new installations to operations and support commissioning activities as required
- Coordinate work with Construction and TAR (Turnaround) planners
- Capture, communicate, and apply lessons learned and best practices on projects
- Facilitate proper financial and document control close out
Skills & Knowledge Required
Level of Education & Experience in general
- BS Degree in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering preferred or 15+ years of relevant experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
- 8+ years of direct experience working in a stage-gate Capital execution process for small/mid-sized projects with a record of accomplishment in successful execution
Skills and Competencies
Technical and Behavioural Skills
- A demonstrated familiarity with a stage-gate Capital execution process and underlying project methodologies for portfolio planning, development, and execution
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Working knowledge of industry standards for engineering, design and construction (i.e. NFPA, IEEE, ANSI, ISA, PIP, ASME)
- PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application