Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including: health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Senior PTA Process Engineer
This role can be based at Cooper River, Geel, Zhuhai or Merak.
The role of the Senior Process Engineer to (1) act as subject matter expert on technology and provide technology related input to existing assets as necessary 2) lead individual projects as technical expert of PTA technology – ensuring that each project is delivered to the standards defined by the program, (3) provide PTA process engineering expertise for operating assets and committed 3rd party licenses.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support process engineering expertise in maintaining and continuously improving the Technology Package for the latest PTA technology (g5) based on new learnings. Define the technical risks to be addressed and plan to mitigate them.
- Provide Process Design and technical support to business development globally during the Appraise/Select stage of major capital projects in support of the PTA business growth agenda.
- Develop and own the analytical models and techniques required to benchmark across all PTA assets to identify tangible actions to drive reduce carbon emissions, reduce costs of production, increase plant capacity, and/or improve reliability/utilization performance.
- Provide deep operations expertise to the process engineers within the PTA manufacturing sites to support them in their safe and effective roll out of technology improvements. Provide process engineer discipline mentorship.
- Share best practices and lessons learned from industry and INEOS across INEOS Aromatics sites in areas of process safety, reliability, performance.
- Identify any requirement for, and co-ordinate use of, third party expertise to PTA manufacturing assets worldwide.
- Develops networks with other process related experts both within INEOS and wider industry.
- In consultation with Process Engineer lead, lead the implementation of the agreed IP strategy for PTA and PX technology.
- Manage Compliance with International Trade and Export Control Regulations across the PTA business (together with site SPAs) and in the implementation of capital projects.
- Technical Endorsement of site capital projects
- If assigned, serve as a Single Point Accountability on technical matters for growth projects, licensing projects and site CAPEX projects:
- Process engineering input to delivery of process description, process data sheets, PFDs, H&MB, conceptual design packages, P&IDs, equipment list, Utility summary, Cat & Chem summary, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), operating manual, etc.
- Review ISBL Relief Valve Sizing (ISBL Process Related)
- Support to DCS/SIS (FAT)
- Response to Technical Queries
- Review P&IDs for detailed design (issued for HAZOP)
- Review Plot Plan, Elevation Drawings & 3D Models
- SOP remote review
- Equipment & Maintenance Training
- Off-Line Analytical Training
- WWPT Support (Anaerobic S/U support) (if applicable)
- Commissioning Support
- Start-Up Support
- Share lessons learned from licensing activities with INEOS PTA sites as appropriate
- Work with regional commercial team regarding import of proprietary equipment supply
- If requested, provide early-stage project management for expansion projects or license projects.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering.
- 10 plus years’ experience working in a petrochemicals and/or refining plants
- Proven expertise in the application of chemical engineering skills and experience. A role model in the discipline with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated strong skills and interest in efficiency optimization using asset to asset benchmarking and asset specific detailed gap analysis of actual performance versus proven underlying capability, to identify tangible actions to drive improved performance.
- Significant demonstrable technical and operational experience within the process engineering specialty associated with the process design and operation of manufacturing process plant with specific experience in the PTA industry.
- Knowledge of the process design and operation of the latest generation PTA plant design
- Deep expertise in techniques used to determine, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate risk during the development phases of process design.
- Expert understanding of Intellectual Property value and protection
- Proven track record of technical leadership and ability to build strong collaborative work relationships with the line and teams located across the organization, including a record of technical excellence and delivery in technology and manufacturing environments.
- Strong business sense, commercial acumen, and experience of working with relevant vendors/consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical matters with all levels of the business and work as a team player.
- Safety champion
- People management skills (leadership, delegating, networking, and influencing)
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Ability to communicate technical matters (upward, lateral, and downward) and build strong collaborative work relationships with all levels of the business.
- Ability to manage work priorities to deliver safe, reliable, competitive operating performance in a demanding work environment,
- Experience building capability at manufacturing sites and within technical teams.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.