Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Primary location - Runcorn (UK). Must be located and based on an INOVYN site.
Middle management level.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for leading the mechanical engineering discipline within the central Research, Technology & Engineering team, proactively providing advice, solutions and problem solving for INOVYN projects and manufacturing sites to ensure mechanical integrity and reliability.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Lead the development of the INOVYN standards and strategy for static equipment to improve SHE and reliability.
- Support the development of site modifications, project ideas and CAPEX technical approvals.
- Provide the technical expertise and leadership for the mechanical aspects of projects.
- Provide central leadership for selecting main vendors of mechanical equipment.
- Act as the operational and technical link between people on the manufacturing sites to encourage knowledge sharing and the use of best practice.
Key skills & experience:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical pressure systems.
- Familiar with a variety of pressure system design codes and design tools.
- Proven operational and design experience associated with high hazard SEVESO manufacturing sites.
- High level of independence and autonomy.
- Able to travel regularly in Europe.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly adaptable to working in different countries, different cultures and with different design codes.
For further information contact:
Alex O’Shea, telephone +44 (0)1928 51 1908
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application