Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Company: INEOS Aromatics
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death, and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
Sr. Financial Analyst
The goal of this role is to provide a meaningful analysis to support the US regional business at INEOS Aromatics in Naperville. The jobholder will deliver fit-for-purpose analysis and deep dives to provide meaningful performance reports and insights to the manufacturing leadership team. The Financial Analyst is in charge to deliver reliable and accurate financial forecasts & annual budgets but is also performing excellent variance analyses versus budget and ad-hoc requests like building financial models that provide additional lens and transparency to the overall business throughout the year, enabling the Senior Management to make efficient management decisions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Develops financial plans and reports for organizational leaders. Analyse monthly and historical trends and makes recommendations based on those trends. Additionally, help with developing regional operational scorecards and dashboard reporting
- Actively lead and support weekly forecast process for the US region.
- Support Make vs Buy decision via solid financial analysis
- Support Manufacturing closing (pricing, consumption, production, inventories, and intra-divisional process) including yield calculation and analysis as well as verification of production metrics.
- Assist US Controller with the monthly close activity, including, but not limited, to financial report preparation, corporate reporting, and manufacturing variances
- Support to annual budget process
- Support Financial Framework (5-Yr. strategy) for manufacturing product lines including performance and variance analysis
- Provide input for supplemental financial reporting for quarterly and year end
- Internal control/support external audit
- Aid with Ad hoc analyses and requests
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 6 years of Finance, Accounting, or related work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent PC skills, MS Office with strong Excel skills, SAP (MM, CO, FI, SD), Business Warehouse applications. SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent teamwork, influencing, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with people at all levels and across organizational boundaries.
- Business and deliverables focused.
- Self-motivated and good team player, able to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience in planning and budget development
- An ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff & end users.
- An ability to effectively prioritize & execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Asks focused questions to gather information and uses resources to get things done through formal and informal networks.
- Ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
- Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.