About INEOS & INEOS KOH
INEOS was founded in 1998 and is the second largest chemical company in the world with 25,000 employees at 184 locations in 31 countries. INEOS KOH is a recently created subsidiary of INEOS following the acquisition of ASHTA Chemicals in Ashtabula, Ohio.
INEOS KOH is a leading producer of potassium-based chemicals in North America and a strategically located producer of chlorine.
When joining INEOS, you will join a large company that offers development opportunities through project and hands-on experience. You will join a federal structure that leaves large autonomy to each business. INEOS values safety, challenges, creativity, ownership, manners, and spirit.
Organization, context and main job purpose
The Senior Electrical Engineer for INEOS KOH is responsible for performing electrical engineering work at an advanced level of difficulty in the field and office. Performs assessments of and prepares written reports documenting the existing electrical systems and loads at existing facilities. Works with other engineers and technicians on rehabilitation/retrofit of facilities. Interprets, explains, and carries out electrical engineering design, inspection and construction methods and procedures. Responsibilities include regular contact with other professional engineering personnel, contractors and their representatives, and the public, as well as obtaining and providing technical electrical engineering data and information, preparing, checking, and reviewing detailed and complex electrical engineering plans, specifications, and related reports.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
To be successful in the Senior Electrical Engineer position, there are key responsibilities and accountabilities that must be met at INEOS KOH standards.
The main accountabilities are:
1. Safety – Abides by all of INEOS KOH’s Life Saving Rules, as well as our 20 Principles to prevent incidents and injuries.
2. Electrical Expertise – Provide engineering guidance and resolution for electrical equipment related issues using accepted industry practices, codes, and standards. Obtain consultation and render support as needed.
3. Hazards and Requirements – Become familiar with plant specific electrical hazards and requirements. Perform personal on-site inspections of equipment for issue resolution and project completion. Generate procedures, documents, and forms to administrate assigned programs.
4. Team Involvement – Coordinates with Maintenance department in site-wide electrical systems and guidance. Assist in troubleshooting electrical problems and determining optimum solutions in hardware and methods.
5. Information Gathering – Consults with vendors, industry peers, and recognized industry experts to gather information and data to assist in the appropriate resolution of electrical equipment issues.
6. Root Cause Analysis – Leads root cause analysis investigations to improve compliance as needed. Conducts root cause analysis of equipment failures and implements corrective and preventative actions.
Key skills and knowledge required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of the uses of electrical components and materials and the planning of their
integration into projects.
- Skilled in applying engineering theories and practices to problems in the field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills.
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- High ethical standards.
Behavioral skills required
- Safety Leadership – Knowledge of the factors that support and drive strong Health & Safety culture and performance; ability and desire to maintain and continuously improve SHE awareness and practice and inspire the same in others.
- Executes for Results – Takes responsibility to meet business objectives and deliver results.
- Takes ownership of business priorities, actions, and results. Operates with discipline and creates an environment for excellence.
- Active Decision Making – Makes timely decisions by balancing analysis with decisiveness and strong bias for action.
- Mobilizes Change – Champions change to achieve business results. Energizes the organization and leads others to accept and embrace change. Considers and understands the impact of
- Leads Collaboratively – Actively builds effective working relationships and seeks to create shared purpose among colleagues and team members. Builds effective working relationships, facilitates teamwork, and promotes sharing of knowledge/expertise across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial Strategic Thinking – Envisions the future and thinks strategically with strong passion.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to Steve Kane at email@example.com